2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Magnum Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 01:50 PM
Grasscarlatemodel
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum Tuning

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole computerized tuning for the Ram trucks. I have a 1999 dodge Ram with the 5.2 Magnum and was looking for a tuner/tunes for my pickup. What's the best tuner/tunes for my pickup? The only performance upgrades I've done to the truck is the: plenum plate, 180° thermostat, MSD ignition coil/wires, and soon a stage one modified throtitle body and Volant cold air intake. Thanks,

Old 09-04-2018, 03:20 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

There's an existing, extensive thread regarding tuners in the FAQ section......

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...22-tuners.html

Old 09-05-2018, 07:45 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

Getting the engine to run like new is usually where I start. I bought a blue tooth OBDII, and the torque app for my phone. You can watch all kinds of parameters as they change over time, such as pulling up a hill, wot bursts, etc. Timing, vacuum, fuel trim.... Maybe I'm a nerd, but I think its pretty cool to be able to see that - and track stuff down you would never do w/o a multi thousand tool. Both ODBII adapter and app was under $20 total... gotta luv that.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:45 PM
Grasscarlatemodel
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
Getting the engine to run like new is usually where I start. I bought a blue tooth OBDII, and the torque app for my phone. You can watch all kinds of parameters as they change over time, such as pulling up a hill, wot bursts, etc. Timing, vacuum, fuel trim.... Maybe I'm a nerd, but I think its pretty cool to be able to see that - and track stuff down you would never do w/o a multi thousand tool. Both ODBII adapter and app was under $20 total... gotta luv that.
Sure do, got a link to the website or where you got it from?

Old 09-05-2018, 08:56 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

Quick Reply: Magnum Tuning