2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any ideas how to fix? (TV cable related)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 11:03 PM
Dogdard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any ideas how to fix? (TV cable related)

So I just bought a 99 1500. I’ve never owned one before so I’m really new to trying to fix old trucks...

Having said that, can someone help me figure out how to fix this? Attached is a picture of the arm at the end of the TV cable that connects to the transmission. It’s SUPER rusted and barely moves. I believe it’s supposed to move freely? Does it look right? Is it fixable? Can someobe tell me even what it is? Lol

The throttle body connection is fine. It seemed like it was out of alignment and was super tight.
I figured it out when the truck wouldn’t rev up when in gear....

Old 09-11-2018, 07:07 AM
HeikIlm
Captain
Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts

Start with penetrating oil, apply daily and let it soak. Then try to loosen it up with hammer and/or pliers. If it's really seized, then there really isn't much than heat it glowing read. OxyAcetylene is not fun in tight spot like that, but if someone has induction heater that would be much better.
But hopefully you can get away with just penetrating oil and working it loose little by little.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:33 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,211 Likes on 2,962 Posts

I think a torch would be far to exciting there. PB Blaster is my personal favorite for such occasions.

Quick Reply: Any ideas how to fix? (TV cable related)