Transmission Temperature - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 2nd Gen Ram Tech
Reload this Page >

Transmission Temperature

Notices
2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission Temperature

Old 09-12-2018, 02:48 AM
MoparFanatic21
Record Breaker
Default Transmission Temperature

01 Ram 2500 360 46RE 55-62 outside temp highest driving at 65mph. What should the transmission temperature do? I am using the Torque app and the tranny temp seemed to replicate the coolant temp. So let's say the coolant gauge says 178 and then drops to 175, a few seconds later the tranny temp would do the same. Is this normal?

Old 09-12-2018, 07:37 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Trans fluid is cooled by the radiator as well. (trans cooler is immersed in engine coolant) Do you have the auxiliary trans cooler between the condenser, and radiator?

Old 09-12-2018, 10:38 AM
MoparFanatic21
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
Trans fluid is cooled by the radiator as well. (trans cooler is immersed in engine coolant) Do you have the auxiliary trans cooler between the condenser, and radiator?
Yes sir! Never had a gauge to monitor tranny temp do I don't know what it should do

Old 09-12-2018, 06:21 PM
tdvs38

I have an 2001 Ram 1500 and My O\D off light comes on and soon after my transmission temp light comes on. Haven't posted yet trying to look on here to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:38 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tdvs38 View Post
I have an 2001 Ram 1500 and My O\D off light comes on and soon after my transmission temp light comes on. Haven't posted yet trying to look on here to see if anyone else has had this problem.
Lotsa folks. There is a check valve in the trans cooler line running to the radiator. If you pop the hood, and follow the the line that comes in at the bottom of the radiator (trans cooler line) to where it changes from rubber, to steel, you will see the check valve. Get rid of it. Many methods for doing just that. (and several suggestions in the DIY section here.)

Old 09-12-2018, 07:52 PM
MoparFanatic21
Record Breaker

Lotsa folks. There is a check valve in the trans cooler line running to the radiator. If you pop the hood, and follow the the line that comes in at the bottom of the radiator (trans cooler line) to where it changes from rubber, to steel, you will see the check valve. Get rid of it. Many methods for doing just that. (and several suggestions in the DIY section here.)
Do you think my temperature is doing what it's suppose to?

Old 09-12-2018, 08:15 PM
fj5gtx
Captain

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 View Post
Do you think my temperature is doing what it's suppose to?
I think when running the line through the bottom of the rad, its going to take on that temperature. I'd test mine for you, but I just gave my BT ODB2 to a friend this morning... I'll probably get it back in a couple days.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:49 PM
tdvs38
Thumbs up

thank you !

Old 09-12-2018, 10:49 PM
MoparFanatic21
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by fj5gtx View Post
I think when running the line through the bottom of the rad, its going to take on that temperature. I'd test mine for you, but I just gave my BT ODB2 to a friend this morning... I'll probably get it back in a couple days.
Please let me know. What app do you use? Also if you want to try that bracket on my truck let me know I'll take a road trip

Old 09-13-2018, 07:47 AM
fj5gtx
Captain

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 View Post
Please let me know. What app do you use? Also if you want to try that bracket on my truck let me know I'll take a road trip
Using Torque. Thanks, but already returned the bracket to PDP.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission Temperature

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: