2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

not getting fuel??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 10:51 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Being a 98, it's a crap shoot. I *think* various things changed in the beginning of the model year, which would negate the ability to use the 97 or older PCM..... Certainly wouldn't work if it's a late-production 98. (98.5 or newer) But, pretty much 98 or 99 is your only junkyard choice. And even then, it will have to be flashed with the correct VIN, otherwise, things like ABS, and SRS, won't work.......

Noid Lights Noid Lights
. Yeah, the are pretty much just 'test lights'. I think the only thing really special about them is, they have various flavors for the different injector connectors. A 'one man' operation. Not so easy to do with a standard test lite.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:55 PM
wrnchbndr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HeyYou, Thanks. Learn something every day and the price is good too. I'd be so much better if these were "in-line" connectors and you could buy them in sets of 8 but I suppose they would be expensive.

...knew a geezer in the way-back who had a selection of clear glass spark plugs made by Champion. There were four different sizes/lengths. The clear glass let you see the color of the combustion for setting the mixture. Motorcycles was the application. A neat idea that didn't catch on.

Last edited by wrnchbndr; 12-04-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:13 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by wrnchbndr
HeyYou, Thanks. Learn something every day and the price is good too. I'd be so much better if these were "in-line" connectors and you could buy them in sets of 8 but I suppose they would be expensive.

...knew a geezer in the way-back who had a selection of clear glass spark plugs made by Champion. There were four different sizes/lengths. The clear glass let you see the color of the combustion for setting the mixture. Motorcycles was the application. A neat idea that didn't catch on.
I would love to have a set of those. Would make for a cool light show with the hood open.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:01 AM
wrnchbndr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/380...spark-plug-cap
I have these that I'd occasionally use on a bike. They work and they're bright at night. They might actually create so much EM noise on a V8 as to cause problems with the PCM. I think the bulbs are neon. The quality of materials is mediocre but for a quick tools-free way of checking for spark on a Harley they're great. They require spark plugs that have a screw-on tip like NGK and Champions.

Quick Reply: not getting fuel??