2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

cab corners ,,,

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 03:02 PM
99td2500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cab corners ,,,

I didn't see a previous post that dealt with what I'm asking here, so forgive me if I missed it.

I have a 99 extended cab with suicide rear door with an 8 foot box behind it. The old truck is in salvagable condition, but cab corners would be a nice initial fix.

I know it's not hard to find aftermarket corners from sources on ebay. My question is, is there any particular knock off vendors that I should avoid due to quality or fitment issues.

Just looking to avoid what others might have found to be unnecessary issues to contend with. thanks!!

Old 12-19-2018, 07:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

I think all of the replacements these days come from the same factory in China....... So, once installed, sealing/rest-proofing both inside, and outside.... and you *should* be golden.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:21 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 102 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by 99td2500
I didn't see a previous post that dealt with what I'm asking here, so forgive me if I missed it.

I have a 99 extended cab with suicide rear door with an 8 foot box behind it. The old truck is in salvagable condition, but cab corners would be a nice initial fix.

I know it's not hard to find aftermarket corners from sources on ebay. My question is, is there any particular knock off vendors that I should avoid due to quality or fitment issues.

Just looking to avoid what others might have found to be unnecessary issues to contend with. thanks!!
When I looked for alternate sources for rockers, I couldn't find different parts... just different resellers. I bought one from the link below. It came quickly, very well packaged, and no damage. The one I bought locally, had some shelf damage. Right now seems they have $50 or more gets free shipping. That isn't available all the time.
https://www.fixmyrust.com/Category/1...ur_Door_PickUp

Old 12-20-2018, 02:40 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I think all of the replacements these days come from the same factory in China....... So, once installed, sealing/rest-proofing both inside, and outside.... and you *should* be golden.
Does your cab corners always move, so you have to keep them resting? had to say it because I'm always making spelling errors

Old 12-20-2018, 08:35 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Does your cab corners always move, so you have to keep them resting? had to say it because I'm always making spelling errors
"DO" your cab corners always move....

Old 12-20-2018, 09:02 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Originally Posted by jkeaton
LOLOL.

I don't have the excuse of posting from a phone either........ I am going to blame it on the batteries in my wireless keyboard being low. (and that might even fly, if I still had my wireless keyboard. )

Old 12-20-2018, 09:21 AM
99td2500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about HeyYou's corners, but mine don't rest all that often. Love the old truck. It had 267+change on the odometer when I got it. I've put another 30+change on it using it as my work horse and even have taken it to Tennessee from here in Iowa a couple of times to visit grandkids.

It even started at -7 F after getting to -22 during the night, and that without even plugging it in. Did take a while for the "wait to start" flag to go out, and with 10-40 oil in it, it cranked pretty slow, but by the 4th compression, it was running with only a little bit of clear out time.

It's big, it's not "cute" at all and "ugly" in a great way. The only thing about the truck I wish I had done differently is that I settled for a 47RE behind the Cummins, rather than waiting on the manual. So far that hasn't been an issue, but I'm sure that someday I'll be asking how to do a 6 speed manual conversion ;-)

For a truck, it's actually got a pretty easy life now, and especially so if I can get a little bit of body work done. Outside of the corners, the cab's in pretty good shape, and even the corners are just the outer shell needing replaced. Should be a fun project once spring comes. Just tryin' to get my ducks in a row before digging into it.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:20 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Insert curse word 😂

Quick Reply: cab corners ,,,