2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Intermittent no start, help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 07:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Yeah, just because the pump is running, does not necessarily imply that it is putting out good pressure.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:48 AM
Charlie Laforge
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here is the situation, I had a long bolt clamping my battery positive cable to the post, however the long bolt was just about touching the battery holder bracket, just about grounding the positive. One day my truck wouldn't crank at all because the bolt was touching the bracket (not sure if this can do any damage by positive being grounded). I limped home and put in a bolt that worked much better. I also cleaned the PCM connections, and since doing all these things I haven't had a no bus situation since, ill keep this updated if it comes back.

Old 01-09-2021, 03:00 PM
Charlie Laforge
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Fixed!

I figure I’d update this for anyone else having this issue. The issue eventually got to where the truck would no longer start at all. I would have the key in the run position with nothing coming on other than the “no bus” message. I literally tapped my ECM with an end of a ratchet, and sure enough everything came to life, I heard relays clicking and my fuel pump run. I went to start my truck and it fired right up. I took a shot in the dark and replaced my ECM from Flagship One. It’s been working like a charm since.

Quick Reply: Intermittent no start, help!