2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front end stuff

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 05:16 PM
CJSuhr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end stuff

I put the Bigger cummins springs in my 1994 1/2 ton, to lift the front end up so my front diff wouldn't touch the oil pan on the 4bt.
Im having to rebuild the front end as I got death wobble really bad, and its never been done so its about time for it anyways.

After putting the bigger springs on, I've noticed that my front axle sits just barely to the drivers side than the passenger. Just barely, but I can see it while standing 10ft in front of the pickup. Im needing a new track bar, and my pickup being built in 10/93, means I should have the 5/8 ball stud? Im needing a track bar drop bracket and have found these online:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-1999-R...t/172104340553

Was wondering if anyone had experience with these types of tack bar drop brackets?

Also looking at other track bars to eliminate the ball joint/stud and going 2 bushings like the 3rd gens have, but im no expert at this front end jargon, so im looking for alternatives that I can either adjust or use a drop bracket of some sort so I can get my axle centered. Just seeing if anyone has used any of the upgraded track bars and such or if anyone has expericane on what would be the best option here. Thanks.
-Christian

Old 04-04-2019, 05:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Go with a third-gen style conversion, with an adjustable track bar. It won't be cheap, but, it WILL be the last one you buy.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:25 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Go with a third-gen style conversion, with an adjustable track bar. It won't be cheap, but, it WILL be the last one you buy.
I concur good sir. I still have to do that to my truck

Old 04-04-2019, 09:02 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

Or compensate by changing the attachment point on the axle to make the bar attach closer towards the driver side.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:16 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 301 Likes on 284 Posts

I use a Solid Steel adjustable track bar and 3rd gen conversion bracket. It's not cheap, but is very durable and will certainly be the last track bar I will ever have to purchase for my truck. http://solidsteel.biz/trackbars.htm

Old 04-04-2019, 10:26 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
I use a Solid Steel adjustable track bar and 3rd gen conversion bracket. It's not cheap, but is very durable and will certainly be the last track bar I will ever have to purchase for my truck. http://solidsteel.biz/trackbars.htm
Solid Steel is great but they don't make bigger lift track bars

Old 04-07-2019, 02:41 PM
u2slow
Professional
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

I helped a buddy cut, extend 1", and sleeve his trackbar (for ~4" lift) because he had the oddball early small-stud style. It was supposed to be a temp fix, but we did a good job of it anyway. Long story short, its still in his truck, daily-driven, some 16 months later.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:09 AM
chromed95
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I'm not trying to hijack this man's thread, but do you have a good recommendation as to which conversion kit for stock to 2 inch level kit? I see there's a few options now. Years ago I looked into this and for some reason I thought you had to weld on a new bracket, which I was not comfortable with. Now I see they're bolt on? Might have to do this myself!

Old 04-10-2019, 12:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Originally Posted by chromed95
I'm not trying to hijack this man's thread, but do you have a good recommendation as to which conversion kit for stock to 2 inch level kit? I see there's a few options now. Years ago I looked into this and for some reason I thought you had to weld on a new bracket, which I was not comfortable with. Now I see they're bolt on? Might have to do this myself!
There's a few places that make 'em, just pick one you trust. I don't have any personal experience with them.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:34 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 301 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by chromed95
Solid Steel sells the bolt-on third gen conversion bracket and they are located in your state.

Quick Reply: Front end stuff