2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please Help!! Work in 2 hours overheating!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 05:39 PM
Wickett707
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!! Work in 2 hours overheating!

So yesterday I noticed my truck started overheating so I stopped it and let it cool down and continued driving as usual. Today the temps were reading in excess of 230 degrees and idling the truck would not cool it down and now the coolant is leaking around the radiator. I took the chance and grabbed some channel locks and pulled the radiator cap off and saw coolant at almost the very top of the cap but there appeared to be shiny floating particles in the coolant. The water pump is not seized because the belt turns the pump and the fan, has my pump managed to grenade itself or is there some other underlying problem related to the thermostat or something else? If I can find a water hose I will attempt to fill it with city water until I can drive it to the store and get distilled water.

Old 05-29-2019, 07:45 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

If the radiator is leaking, need to address that as well. If it is leaking where the tanks are crimped to the core, it's replacement time.

Quick Reply: Please Help!! Work in 2 hours overheating!