2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help truck request

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 01:13 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Right here.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:20 PM
potentshadow
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EGR valve?

Old 06-01-2019, 04:55 PM
HeikIlm
Captain
Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Only thing I can think of is the transmission temp sensor, which should be located in cooler line.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:02 PM
Charles Teklinski

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Right here.

Ty it has helped, but I'm still having difficulty

Old 06-02-2019, 03:10 PM
Charles Teklinski

According to the manual I got for hey you. It is a trans temp sensor, but according to the manual that sensor should be inline attached to the incoming line. It isn't there. So the trans line was swapped out or something is wrong with the info. According to autozone and other retailers the sensor is one that goes into the trans. I looked for that too. It's not there either. So in this case 2 wrongs dont make it right. It's not inline and the trans has no location for the sensor. The plug is there and the computer is reading an error, (not hooked up). So the trans was swapped out and the new one doesn't have a place for the sensor. The tags for Id the trans are missing. It's a trans swap with news lines and no temp sensor. I need to trick the comp into thinking the sensor is there and working. I'm told a 100 ohm resistor connecting the plug ends togather might do it.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:13 PM
Charles Teklinski

My code 11. According to the manual it's a cam sensor under the distributor cap. Good luck finding a part number. I have tried. I can get one from buying the whole distributor but not separately. Odd too is that I'm getti g the error and the truck runs. What a mess. Any ideas?

Old 06-02-2019, 05:27 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Charles Teklinski
My code 11. According to the manual it's a cam sensor under the distributor cap. Good luck finding a part number. I have tried. I can get one from buying the whole distributor but not separately. Odd too is that I'm getti g the error and the truck runs. What a mess. Any ideas?
That sensor is called "pickup coil" at the parts stores.

Old 06-02-2019, 07:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

The trans temp sensor was optional, and came on trucks with assorted 'heavy duty' or towing packages. You would need to check your build sheet to see if there should be one there, or not.

Old 06-02-2019, 07:57 PM
Charles Teklinski

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
That sensor is called "pickup coil" at the parts stores.
Ty. That helped. The guy behind the counter said either it works or it doesn't. So why is the truck running and throwing the code?

Old 06-02-2019, 08:05 PM
Charles Teklinski

Hey you. I'm going to try and run the vin # though dodge dealer tomorrow and find out. But, with the plug there, and the computer tossing out the code it's likely it should be a sensor there. If optional they wouldn't sell a new truck in 95 with an engine light on. .. good news my battary tested bad on the truck and my "spare tested out as good-low charge. Tested it after it got charged over night and when I picked it up today and the guy said it tested bad. I told him to test it again with a diffrent tester BC his manager tested it yesterday and said it was good needed charge. So, he did and then said it was good, so when I talk to his boss tomorrow I will have him on bathroom duty for a month. Mean while I am going to test the battary at their competitor tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Help truck request