2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sudden turn signal, hazard and break light failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 01:34 PM
Daycar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sudden turn signal, hazard and break light failure

Got an 01 ram 1500 with 5.9 liter. So first my ASD relay went buggy on me and the day before I figured out that was causing erratic start ups I lost power to my signals hazards and break lights. I replaced the 10 amp red turn signal fuse in the junction box and the number 5 blue cubed 20 volt fuse under the hood. Now I'm told either the combo flasher, multi switch or some other switch under the break pedal. Help me guys.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:23 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,402 Likes on 3,142 Posts

They all go thru the multi-function switch.... Does your high-mount stop lamp work? if it does, that would indicate the MF switch......

Old 07-16-2019, 12:51 AM
DerTruck
All Star
Received 103 Likes on 98 Posts

As stated above, all these lights run through the MF switch. However mechanically the hazards switch is separate from the turn signal switching so if both don't work I'd start checking the wiring to/from the MF switch first.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:01 AM
Daycar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went from bad to worse!

So guys I replaced the combo flasher and multi switch with no results then at the advice of my coworkers I checked the ground wires. Lo and behold behind my knee guard on the frame was a short ground wire not connected to anything and I'm the wire harness was a wire connector at the perfect distance. My silly self connected them and saw sparks. After disconnecting my dash lights and ignition failed. Thinking I fried the ignition switch I noticed lights behind the harness blinking and discovered a black box which I now know is a gps tracker. Mind you I bought this truck at an auction 3 years ago. I believe now that i have inadvertently set it off to kill the ignition. So do I remove it as is or do I have to have it reset before removing? Ahhh!@$&!

Quick Reply: Sudden turn signal, hazard and break light failure