2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No running tail lights, cluster and signals

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 06:24 PM
Tristin Ehrismann
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No running tail lights, cluster and signals

So I have a 1996 ram 1500 5.2 and in the last week I’ve had a problem where my cluster was out and taillights were out but my break lights still worked and now two days later my cluster is still out my taillights and break lights are out and now my turn signals are out but my hazards still work? How does that work. I have fuses 18 and 20 are blown both are 15A and yes I’ve replaced the fuses and they blow as soon as I tap my breaks. I have done no recent electrical work but did shocks 2 weeks before this problem occurred

I don’t have the money to take my truck to a shop to have them diagnose it so your advice is better then mine

Old 10-06-2019, 07:07 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Tristin Ehrismann
So I have a 1996 ram 1500 5.2 and in the last week I’ve had a problem where my cluster was out and taillights were out but my break lights still worked and now two days later my cluster is still out my taillights and break lights are out and now my turn signals are out but my hazards still work? How does that work. I have fuses 18 and 20 are blown both are 15A and yes I’ve replaced the fuses and they blow as soon as I tap my breaks. I have done no recent electrical work but did shocks 2 weeks before this problem occurred

I don’t have the money to take my truck to a shop to have them diagnose it so your advice is better then mine
You have a working issue somewhere. Sounds like the power wire(s) are grounding out

Old 10-06-2019, 07:25 PM
Tristin Ehrismann
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
You have a working issue somewhere. Sounds like the power wire(s) are grounding out
Where should I go about starting to look for these wires

Old 10-08-2019, 12:06 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Originally Posted by Tristin Ehrismann
Where should I go about starting to look for these wires
Start at the plugs themselves. I would use a test light and see where you are losing power. Use the FSM (you can get that in the FAQ section) and see where the connectors are

Old 10-08-2019, 12:08 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

@HeyYou can you move this to the technical section, so he can get more help? My schedule is swamped

Quick Reply: No running tail lights, cluster and signals