2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Driver Side Window Replaced

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 10:52 AM
HulkVonSmash
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Side Window Replaced

This is gonna sound really dumb to some of you guys, but are all the second gen windows interchangeable? Recently bought a 97 extended cab, and the driver window is gone. I also need to replace the rear sliding glass window. Currently, they both have like plexiglass on them and it's getting difficult to drive around town with it. Been to the local pull a part, and I 1) don't know how to get the window out of a door without busting it and 2) couldn't get a door off the cab of the trucks they had there. My 97 has all the switches and motors for it, it just seems like the last owner took the window out because it fell off the track and he didn't know how to get it back on there.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:34 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Same number of doors, windows are the same. If the donor truck had the rear half doors, I think the windows are still the same.... just the shape of the door bottom is different... but, not 100% on that.

I think you need to pull one of the window channels to get the window out... couple bolts holding it to the regulator, pull the channel, and you should be able to slip it out.

Old 10-20-2019, 12:05 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

Generally you need to remove part of the upright in the back to get the glass out. Once you have it loose from the frame, you can work it out through the opening. I have a set of 2nd gen spare door glass looking for a home, but its in PA.

Glass itself is just attached at the bottom with two nuts.

Old 10-21-2019, 01:50 PM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

If the rubber in the window channel is worn out, the window can tip and roll up really hard. This would be a good time to replace it.

Quick Reply: Driver Side Window Replaced