2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fast idle controller or the like?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 12:12 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I would love to do an electronic actuator that pushes the throttle linkage or pulls the cable. I think that would be the most ideal scenario. With that it would be easy to engage the high idle system automatically when either the winch or OBA was being used and go back to normal when you shut them off.

Wen you were saying "solenoid" I was thinking you meant something that performs the function of a big relay like a starter solenoid and didn't understand what you meant at first.

But I got lucky and i found everything I need for the mechanical hand throttle in an old box of mountain bike parts out in the garage,. Just need a new cable and housing.

Hand throttle might be my first solution until I come up with something fancier.

Thanks for all the input , everyone!

Old 01-26-2020, 03:35 PM
HeikIlm
Captain
Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
You got an more pics?
Took couple of pics. It's been so many years when I built that, that I had forgotten how I did it. Because I didn't want the handle to be in the knee bolster, I mounted it to the next panel. This leads to not so ideal geometry, and the fact that cable is missing bracket (red circle), there is a slight slack on the cable. Because of that I can't just pull the cable to raise the engine speed, I need to push the pedal first and lock the pedal with the handle.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:07 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by HeikIlm
Took couple of pics. It's been so many years when I built that, that I had forgotten how I did it. Because I didn't want the handle to be in the knee bolster, I mounted it to the next panel. This leads to not so ideal geometry, and the fact that cable is missing bracket (red circle), there is a slight slack on the cable. Because of that I can't just pull the cable to raise the engine speed, I need to push the pedal first and lock the pedal with the handle.

i might just steal this idea

Quick Reply: Fast idle controller or the like?