2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4 hole injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 10:51 AM
Brenda Kuhl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 hole injectors

hey have a 01 ram 1500 about 250000 miles on her and she is in need of new injectors ,I seen that the 4 hole or 12 hole are suppose to be the ticket any one have any luck with them , I don't mind buying something but hate buying a oig in a poke money comes too hard as we all know , thanks every one

Old 02-12-2020, 02:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Hi Brenda. Welcome to DF!

The stock injectors are essentially 'pencil beam'.... one hole. It squirts the fuel at the back side of the intake valve, the idea being, the hot valve should vaporize the fuel as it gets sucked into the cylinder. I don't know that more holes will be any more effective... it doesn't really seem to be a popular mod on these trucks..

Old 02-12-2020, 07:29 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

I have 4 port injectors of a very slightly higher flow rate.
I got them to go along with other future planned mods.

I can’t say that there is any notable difference at this point... maybe a slightly smoother idea when cold (but that’s likely all in my mind).

For a daily driver I wouldn’t go out of my way to get them.

Quick Reply: 4 hole injectors