2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

P0748 Pressure Control Solenoid A Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 08:37 AM
Sean631
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0748 Pressure Control Solenoid A Electrical

2002 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Gas Motor. Transmission was not shifting correctly. Did not have first gear. Check engine light was on and I was getting code P0748 Pressure Control Solenoid A Electrical.
I replaced the Governor Solenoid, Sensor and Harness. Check engine light still comes back on. When I clear the code the transmission shifts perfectly. But then check engine light eventually comes back on and then transmission does not work properly. Can anyone help with this?

Old 03-16-2020, 09:07 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

Probably have bad wiring somewhere. The plug is notorious for the wires pulling out, and shorting out.

Old 01-20-2021, 02:21 PM
krazybob
Rookie

Would that be the plugs in the transmission pan where the solenoid and the sensor connect? I don't know what model number transmission I have but I am assuming it's very similar if not the same as the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD. Same symptom. Will not shift into drive.

I'm assuming the sensor and solenoid are in the transmission pan along with a filter. Is that correct? I have a friend that is a mechanic he just doesn't do Transmissions. He says if it's in the transmission pan not a problem. Cost of parts and a case of beer and I'm good to go.

You guys are awesome!

Old 01-20-2021, 09:30 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Yep, that'd be the one.

Go buy your friend a case of his favorite beer. Give it to him AFTER the job is done.

Old 01-21-2021, 04:21 PM
krazybob
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yep, that'd be the one.

Go buy your friend a case of his favorite beer. Give it to him AFTER the job is done.
Ah yes! I learned that one a long time ago. LOL. I remember once I was moving and I asked a couple of friends if they'd like to come over for a barbecue. They showed up and I said 'first we have some furniture to move.' That way they couldn't tell me they were busy ahead of time. in this case too drunk to do the job.

Old 01-21-2021, 04:31 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by krazybob
Ah yes! I learned that one a long time ago. LOL. I remember once I was moving and I asked a couple of friends if they'd like to come over for a barbecue. They showed up and I said 'first we have some furniture to move.' That way they couldn't tell me they were busy ahead of time. in this case too drunk to do the job.
Yup, yup. Been there, done that. When I moved back here after the Air Force, I called a bunch of my friends over for a 'party'. They didn't find out till they got there that it was an "Unload the Truck" party. Burgers, dogs, and beer came after.

Quick Reply: P0748 Pressure Control Solenoid A Electrical