2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dash: Does Vent Surrond Seperate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 08:47 PM
Lone Ranger Roy
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dash: Does Vent Surrond Seperate?

I am trying to find out if the piece that holds the two air vents in place seperates from the dash. I know the vents themselves will come out. The piece I am mentioning is on the passanger side right above the glove compartment .I included a picture. You may have to scroll uo or down to see the dash. You can see that the plastic that holds the vents in is cracked. If the piece doesn't seperate from the dash, did anyone try to repair a crack in plastic?
THank you.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:55 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,271 Likes on 3,018 Posts

I am sure it does, but, I suspect you would need to pull the dash to get it off..... and I don't think I have seen replacement parts for those anywhere......

Old 03-22-2020, 11:49 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

I believe that is part of the whole dash plastic frame. SEM makes a really good plastic repair kit

Old 03-23-2020, 09:08 AM
true blue
Veteran
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

As a guy that replaced his plastic dash made of glass, you'll find it easier to just yank the entire "dash" as an assembly. Several years back, I bought a new mopar dash after mine began shattering and I futzed around trying to remove n install the new one in the pickup. After a diatribe of words that woulda made a klingon on the warpath blush, I bit the bullet, went for broke and removed the entire ***'y. Amazingly enough, after removing the instrument cluster, radio and disconnecting 4 or 5 connectors, the entire ***'y easily rolled outta position. With 1 other person to aid your struggle, I think you'll find it relatively easy to do. It took me around 1.5-2 hours to get the ***'y out and repair/replace was TONS easier! Good luck, godspeed, were all counting on you!

Old 03-24-2020, 06:29 PM
Lone Ranger Roy
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you everyone for the opinions and suggestions. I did have to look up what a Klingon was.

The following users liked this post:
true blue (03-25-2020)
Old 03-24-2020, 08:11 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger Roy
Thank you everyone for the opinions and suggestions. I did have to look up what a Klingon was.
No problem let us know what you decide to do

Quick Reply: Dash: Does Vent Surrond Seperate?