2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1st to 2nd gear shifting high

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 12:51 PM
RWEJR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I've been doin' good.

I am hoping it is just a sticky linkage, or cable..... TV cable really isn't all that bad. When you step on the throttle, the cable pulls a lever down on the trans. If it sticks, the trans thinks you are stepping on the gas harder than you really are, and raises shift points. Of course, you should also get a firmer shift if that's the case..... Check it, see what ya think. If it's ok, probably time to drop the pan, and have a look, see if anything obvious presents itself.
Hello HeyYou been awhile sense I have texted, What stopped me is what you said about it sticking. My rpm is not letting it shift until 3 on 1st and 2nd , but then it goes through 3rd and OD Fast what I mean is when I get it through first and second its kind of feels like 3rd and OD are to close like milliseconds. which seems good to me all I have is peddle. Sorry for ramble? I'm checking the links @ the Trans, If Thats not it can you send me a link on the band adjustments hoping I don't have to go that fear. Thanks for your time.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,294 Likes on 3,041 Posts

Originally Posted by RWEJR
Hello HeyYou been awhile sense I have texted, What stopped me is what you said about it sticking. My rpm is not letting it shift until 3 on 1st and 2nd , but then it goes through 3rd and OD Fast what I mean is when I get it through first and second its kind of feels like 3rd and OD are to close like milliseconds. which seems good to me all I have is peddle. Sorry for ramble? I'm checking the links @ the Trans, If Thats not it can you send me a link on the band adjustments hoping I don't have to go that fear. Thanks for your time.
Grab the service manual for your truck from here, procedures for TV Cable, and band adjustment are in there.

Quick Reply: 1st to 2nd gear shifting high