2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rich Bank 1 Message

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 10:30 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

These trucks are REALLY picky about various sensors, and the O2 sensor is one of them. I wasn't aware that Delphi even made one for these trucks...... NTK and Denso were OEM suppliers though, and they actually work the way they are supposed to. Bosch sensors tend to be really flaky..... so, most folks try and stay with OEM, and do not report back with problems. I have no clue if anyone has used the Delphi sensors.........

Old 08-25-2020, 05:28 PM
racerxv6
Veteran
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
These trucks are REALLY picky about various sensors, and the O2 sensor is one of them. I wasn't aware that Delphi even made one for these trucks...... NTK and Denso were OEM suppliers though, and they actually work the way they are supposed to. Bosch sensors tend to be really flaky..... so, most folks try and stay with OEM, and do not report back with problems. I have no clue if anyone has used the Delphi sensors.........

HeyYou, Don't quite understand your last statement. I did not state I was using or purchasing the Delphi, I actually stated that I was going with Denso.....Thank you for the explanation.

Old 08-25-2020, 05:30 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by racerxv6

HeyYou, Don't quite understand your last statement. I did not state I was using or purchasing the Delphi, I actually stated that I was going with Denso.....Thank you for the explanation.
Basically, stick with OEM sensors, and you don't have issues. I don't know if anyone has tried the Delphi sensors, I didn't even know they made them.... (for our trucks)

Old 08-25-2020, 07:43 PM
racerxv6
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Basically, stick with OEM sensors, and you don't have issues. I don't know if anyone has tried the Delphi sensors, I didn't even know they made them.... (for our trucks)
I hear ya Dodge Brother !!!!!

Old 08-30-2020, 05:49 PM
racerxv6
Veteran

Replaced both the upstream and down stream sensors. Upstream took 10 minutes, downstream took 2 days od soaking beating and finally heating to a red and then beating some more till it broke loose. Replaced with NTK.....Cleared CEL and everything seems good.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:13 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Yeah, they are indeed fun to get out.... I used an 18" pipe wrench, and a five pound hammer. That was quite convincing.

The following users liked this post:
racerxv6 (08-31-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 08:30 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Mine came out pretty easily. I soaked it for two days straight driving it. Then drove it until the exhaust got hot and went under and broke it loose with a regular sized wrench. Use antisieze

Old 08-31-2020, 08:54 AM
racerxv6
Veteran

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Mine came out pretty easily. I soaked it for two days straight driving it. Then drove it until the exhaust got hot and went under and broke it loose with a regular sized wrench. Use antisieze

So i thought the same thing, but that downstream one wouldn't move. Fortunately I had a MAP gas canister and got it red hot and kept spraying with PB and heating until it worked itself in. Anti-seize was used on the new ones.....

Quick Reply: Rich Bank 1 Message