2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1995 very low KM Cummings mods advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 05:52 AM
Chris and Betta
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Anytime buddy, you have a manual or automatic truck? Wow Australia, I live way up here in Canada and have about four different 2nd gen diesels and probably built up 50 different twin turbo combo's, engines and used hundreds different injectors over the years. You could even build a 6.7L 12v/24v engine up for the old girl, just takes money. Just bumping the governor from stock to 4k would be a decent wake-up for the old girl. Just hope your transmission is up for it. We usually removed the fuel plate for maximum rack travel, and trimmed the AFC level.

Here is a great website for P7100 mods and injectors
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...ad.php?t=88662

Enjoy, your new (old) truck.
Thanks for the tips.
Almost finished the spraying, I would have finished now only I am an on call firefighter and got a call out today. I was just about to mix the 2 pack for the roof (last bit to spray). Tomorrow
Truck has only 100,000 on the clock and in very good condition so any mods will be a new ish engine. It was a fire truck in an area who almost no calls outs so it spent most of its life in the shed. It needed a respray as it got too close to the fire and damaged the paint. I am working tomorrow for the fire sevice but I should be able to have time to finish the painting when I get home. Next is sort this horrible death wobble, then gearbox seal, canopy and then more power
Chris

Quick Reply: 1995 very low KM Cummings mods advice?