2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

U-Bolts for Larger Rear Lift Blocks?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2020, 09:44 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I suspect what has actually happened is your rear springs have settled over time.... after all, it's been a while since the truck was new.

Stacking blocks in the rear seems to be a thing of late with lift companies...... So far as I am concerned, even the stock blocks on the rear axle was a stupid idea. Here we have a vehicle that is already really light in the rear more of than not, and the manufacturer gives the axle a nice lever to twist the spring with? How is that in any way a 'good idea'??? I'll never know..... (probably save them a few bucks as opposed to some other design..... but, I have a hard time believing that too.....)

If you gotta do something in the back anyway, why not do a shackle flip, and eliminate ALL the blocks?
If he has no blocks I wonder if someone didn't lower the rear or if it's 2wd (either factory or a 2wd rear end and someone forgot to install the blocks). Dodge had a choice to make really stuff ride (like the 80s Ram and the 1st gen or add a block). They seeing a stiff ride as a bad thing choose the block.

Old 10-19-2020, 12:14 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 340 Likes on 321 Posts

Contact these folks - https://www.springsnthings.com/ - they can get custom length U bolts made up and shipped out to you. I had to obtain some new rear U bolts about a year or two ago from them for my '96 Ram 2500 4x4 as the old u bolts had rusted out pretty bad. Be sure to know how long your U bolts need to be prior to ordering.

Quick Reply: U-Bolts for Larger Rear Lift Blocks?