2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Traction bar, on my leaf sprung rear that wont bind?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 10:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

Originally Posted by 00t444e
I have PMF traction bars in the rear of my F250 and they don't bind and all. It didn't affect the flex either as far as I can tell, but a 3/4 ton trucks don't have that much flex to begin with.
I don't think my springs deflect at all........

Old 10-29-2020, 12:30 AM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The hard part is getting to ride well with and without the camper which I'd like to downsize on soon. I already removed a bridge girder of an add a leaf. I'm not joking those things barely even deflect stand on them and jump.. The truck seems almost plush to me now that I'm back to what the stock ride must be like. Though now that I know my lift height I see a pair of right size soft ride skyjackers on summit for 600. Mine seem fine for now..

Those PFC's look really cool on the pics on their website but there isn't any closeup diagrams of how it works. that I found. Is there some diagrams of how it goes together?

HeyYou maybe you are talking about something like what my buddy had on his Chevelle back in high school. He called them ladder bars but they didn't look like ladders like other ladder bars I've seen. They hooked on below the axle tube spring perches, if I recall and were parallel to the ground and must have attached up at the frame somehow. At the age of 14 or so I didn't think to look up under there to take notes about how they worked though, unfortunately.

Old 10-29-2020, 09:56 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

Originally Posted by Ugly1
The hard part is getting to ride well with and without the camper which I'd like to downsize on soon. I already removed a bridge girder of an add a leaf. I'm not joking those things barely even deflect stand on them and jump.. The truck seems almost plush to me now that I'm back to what the stock ride must be like. Though now that I know my lift height I see a pair of right size soft ride skyjackers on summit for 600. Mine seem fine for now..

Those PFC's look really cool on the pics on their website but there isn't any closeup diagrams of how it works. that I found. Is there some diagrams of how it goes together?

HeyYou maybe you are talking about something like what my buddy had on his Chevelle back in high school. He called them ladder bars but they didn't look like ladders like other ladder bars I've seen. They hooked on below the axle tube spring perches, if I recall and were parallel to the ground and must have attached up at the frame somehow. At the age of 14 or so I didn't think to look up under there to take notes about how they worked though, unfortunately.
Close. They attach under the axle, but, just have a rubber snubber at the end, that contacts the spring itself to prevent axle wrap. If you off-road with your truck, they may not be the best idea...... I am sure they would attempt to grab onto everything you went over.

Quick Reply: Traction bar, on my leaf sprung rear that wont bind?