2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 12:18 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That was thoroughly confusing.... First he says one of his canned tunes should be close enough, but then he says he doesn't want to sell you one??? What's up with that?

Another thing that has me curious, is why is he concerned up building power in the upper RPM range? Does he understand this is a TRUCK motor?? Top end power isn't exactly high on the priority list here..... Unless you are building a mud truck, and the cam installed most certainly does NOT indicate that.....

From the parts installed, it's a motor designed to develop power not much above idle. Putting an air-gap on that would defeat the purpose of the cam. Counter-productive.

Talk to Hemifever. See what he has to say.
I have the Air-Gap and like it but it does move the power band up a few RPMs

Old 02-25-2021, 02:14 PM
96albertaram
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That was thoroughly confusing.... First he says one of his canned tunes should be close enough, but then he says he doesn't want to sell you one??? What's up with that?

Another thing that has me curious, is why is he concerned up building power in the upper RPM range? Does he understand this is a TRUCK motor?? Top end power isn't exactly high on the priority list here..... Unless you are building a mud truck, and the cam installed most certainly does NOT indicate that.....

From the parts installed, it's a motor designed to develop power not much above idle. Putting an air-gap on that would defeat the purpose of the cam. Counter-productive.

Talk to Hemifever. See what he has to say.

Yah I was pretty confused to like I thought this dude was a big shot. Pretty annoying couldn't help me out.
Which is best way to contact hemifever

Old 02-25-2021, 03:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Hit him at his website.

Quick Reply: Transmission upgrades