2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mystery High Voltage

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 03:38 PM
AllyRatCustomZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'd thought that too but before I replaced all the parts it was reading at 14-14.5 all the time. That's why I'm confused. I'm just going to replace the PCM/ecu see what happens.

Old 03-21-2021, 09:57 PM
DerTruck
All Star
Received 103 Likes on 98 Posts

It's your money but you already bought an alternator and that didn't fix it. Seeing that the problem appeared after changing some parts that's where I would look, more specifically the coolant sensor. The 95 MY has actually two of them, which one did you change ? The one with two wires or the one wire sensor ? In any case you can try to disconnect it and see if that changes anything. Note that the engine won't run well if the PCM temp sensor is disconnected but for testing purposes it should be ok.

Old 03-21-2021, 11:02 PM
AllyRatCustomZ

Originally Posted by DerTruck
It's your money but you already bought an alternator and that didn't fix it. Seeing that the problem appeared after changing some parts that's where I would look, more specifically the coolant sensor. The 95 MY has actually two of them, which one did you change ? The one with two wires or the one wire sensor ? In any case you can try to disconnect it and see if that changes anything. Note that the engine won't run well if the PCM temp sensor is disconnected but for testing purposes it should be ok.
The 2 wire sensor is the one I neended to replace. I haven't reset the PCM, or tested it. I cleaned the old 2 wire sensor and checked it before I replaced it, just to be sure that I need to be replaced. I have been wondering if it's the PCM, there's no check engine light and the truck runs great. Just struggled on cold starts. I unplugged a PCM Jets performance module that I found and the truck starts up fine. Just doesn't fix my volt Guage problem. I'll try the unplugging the senor and also check the crank sensor. I've been reading a lot of these forums. I'm just trying to find a solution guys. I appreciate your patience and help.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:31 AM
AllyRatCustomZ

Cold started

Old 03-22-2021, 01:32 AM
AllyRatCustomZ

Warmed up for 32mins

Old 03-22-2021, 01:34 AM
AllyRatCustomZ

Acc position 1st time

Old 03-22-2021, 01:35 AM
AllyRatCustomZ

2nd time turned to Acc Position

Old 03-22-2021, 01:37 AM
AllyRatCustomZ

At this point guys, I feel like maybe the gauge is off or I'm just being paranoid over nothing. Sorry.

3rd start up

Old 03-22-2021, 07:23 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Looks OK to me......

Quick Reply: Mystery High Voltage