2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge ram V10

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 07:34 PM
denn69
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dodge ram V10

Got ahold of a 2001 V10 Ram. 113,000 miles. Picked it up for $4500. Truck is clean Very little rust, only on on door bottoms. Everything else looks great. Truck was well maintained according to the carfax. Owner said the trans was sipping from 1st to 2nd (which it was) and that the band needed adjustment. He didnt want to mess with it which is why it was so cheap. Got it home tore into the trans and sure enough the front band was toast. Fluid looked great and the magnet didnt have much on it. So I picked up one of those slip in bands from WIT trans. The drum had a very light scarring on it. Not bad at all. Slipped in the new band, heavy duty strut and anchor, some billet servo's and accumulator, rebuilt HD valve body from Central valve bodies, Rostra solenoids, DCF1 Billet governor pressor sensor manifold with the borg warner solenoid, HP transducer and output speed sensor and finally a new LPW deep pan. New fluid, cranked it up and drove it and up and it seemed all good, however it was shifting a bit late shifting so I checked the TV cable and it was a bit off, adjusted it and its all right on the money now. Trans shifts perfect. All said and done im in the trans for about a grand. Seems like alot but most of what I have in to it can be transferred to a new trans in the event of a later failure. Although I think it will last a long time. Im very happy with the way it turned out. I just did the smog pump delete also. The truck has Gibson headers and the factory dual exhaust going to dual cats into an H-Bomb muffler. Well the muffler is shot and the cats probably are original also. I am without a doubt axing the cats and was thinking about installing and H-Pipe and 2 BORLA proXS mufflers, then dumping 2 pipes out the pass side in front of the rear tire. Was wondering if this is a good plan for the V10?. I am not increasing pipe size it will stay 2.25" all the way with 3" tips. I cant seem to find too much on exhaust for the V10 except the gibson bolt on. I figure the H-Pipe will help deepen it up a bit. Any opinions? Thanks

Old 03-29-2021, 09:14 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Larger diameter pipe will deepen the tone.

There really isn't much of anything out there for the 8.0. Dodge stopped making them around 2003 or so.... but even when they were still in production, there just wasn't a lot of aftermarket support for them.

Quick Reply: Dodge ram V10