2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help trans problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 09:30 AM
Steven Jones
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help trans problems

I posted yesterday about losing all my trans fluid. Quick overview going down the highway yesterday i lost all gear shifting ability pulled over and there was a massive puddle of t fluid under the front of the truck. Got it home looked it over found out the transmission coolant hose had disconnected from the radiator. Well i fixed that and i dont have any visible leaks.

so i filled her back up with trans fluid a quart at a time. And ive so far put three quarts in. And when i checked it again it says i have NO FLUID. Anyone have any idea how much it holds or if i have a problem somehwere. It definitely still doesnt leave first gear

Old 04-24-2021, 09:31 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

The trans holds 12 or more quarts of fluid, and a blown line can pump it dry in seconds.

The following users liked this post:
Steven Jones (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 09:39 AM
Steven Jones
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The trans holds 12 or more quarts of fluid, and a blown line can pump it dry in seconds.

okay , thank you so much had no idea. Thats very helpful!

Quick Reply: Help trans problems