2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Passenger side window works intermittently?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 04:18 PM
Liddlez
Veteran
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Passenger side window works intermittently?

My driver side window is fine. My passenger window goes down, and sometimes doesn’t go back up, and the only way to get it back up is to supply power directly to the motor itself with an external power source. Then the window begins to work with the switch. What could be the issue? It’s not the switch as I’ve replaced the switches.

Old 06-01-2021, 06:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

New or used switches? Might wanna check the various connectors, make sure they are clean, and tight.

Does the window struggle to go up?

Old 06-01-2021, 06:13 PM
Liddlez
Veteran
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
New or used switches? Might wanna check the various connectors, make sure they are clean, and tight.

Does the window struggle to go up?
New. Yes, the window does struggle to go up when driver/passenger switches are used simultaneously. The motor itself is okay. I tested a new window motor, and it still doesn’t work, you can feel the motor trying to work (you feel a hum) but it doesn’t. The switches were clean, the contacts are free of corrosion.

Old 06-02-2021, 07:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Might check the lift mechanism then. See if the window is jamming up in it's tracks.

Quick Reply: Passenger side window works intermittently?