2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power window switch Connector broken?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 07:55 PM
94dodgeIDI
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window switch Connector broken?

Hey I did a post before about the blanked terminals under the dash nice to see you all as I'm new 🙃 I have read here for a while tho

​​​​​Onto the problem tho, it is 82 degrees where I live in Washington and my driver window switch decided to stop working, I investigated and found the WHITE WIRE loose on the terminal for the switch mount and when I held the white wire IN it worked just fine but theese connectors are werid and I don't know what to do with it since it broke inside the connector I have solder wire cuts etc but no idea how to handle this SEE PHOTOS

Back side of terminal

Front side

Old 06-03-2021, 07:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,281 Likes on 3,028 Posts

Any older dodges in the wrecking yard nearby? If so, grab the entire door harness, and swap it out. Getting one from the same year as your truck would be ideal...... as some things changed over the years.

Old 06-03-2021, 08:57 PM
DerTruck
All Star
Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts

Well if somebody assembled it there is a way to take it apart . I'd try to get the remaining piece out of the plastic housing and then solder the wire to it. Push it back in and done.

The following users liked this post:
94dodgeIDI (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 09:02 PM
94dodgeIDI
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DerTruck
Well if somebody assembled it there is a way to take it apart . I'd try to get the remaining piece out of the plastic housing and then solder the wire to it. Push it back in and done.
any way that it looks like it can come out? It looks like the loop is closed at the end

Old 06-03-2021, 10:00 PM
DerTruck
All Star
Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts

From the looks of it the ends are crimped on and then the wire is shoved down the respective channel until the round part seats in the housing. Try pushing it back the other way with a small pick or screwdriver or similar. The rounded part should compress a little and then slide out.

Quick Reply: Power window switch Connector broken?