2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leaking sliding backlite/rear window?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 12:27 PM
Liddlez
Veteran
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Leaking sliding backlite/rear window?

My backlite seems to be leaking from the parting down the middle, pooling up water causing it to soak my passenger floorboard. I’ve cleared out my drains, but it’s still leaking. Is replacing my backlite to a solid one my only choice now? Thank you!

Old 07-28-2021, 01:50 PM
Beefcake89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking

2000 1500 5.9 single cab short bed sport 2wd
mines doin the same thing, but u can only c where its leakin when its REALLY comin down outside. When I gutted my truck while doin heater core/bed liner-ing the entire floorboards instead of putting my nasty carpet back in, i also went around the entire perimeter (interior and exterior) of my back window w some clear silicone (minus the sliding panels of course). Didnt realize at that time where it was leakin in from yet. We both need the actual seals for the sliding glass pieces. Dodge discontinued them, and LMC only offers a kit for the single sliding pane, not the dual split....best bet is to custom cut some other type of window seal n test it out....soon as I get around to that I'll post on it....could b a while tho lol

Old 07-28-2021, 06:05 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Check the weep holes on the outside… if they’re blocked water will well up in the track and overflow on the inside.

Over the years dust and water make a mud that dries and blocks the drain holes.

Quick Reply: Leaking sliding backlite/rear window?