2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tranny fluid?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 01:46 PM
wildwolf59
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tranny fluid?????

YEAH RED **** I THINK I WILL GO AHEAD AND ADJUST THE BANDS, I WILL TRY IT MY SELF SINCE THE STEALERSHIP SAID THAT I DONT HAVE BANDS....LOL. BUT WASNT THERE A POST IN HERE EXPLAINING HOW TO ADJUST THE BANDS AND WHAT TOOLS NEEDED?I WILL HAVE TO SEARCH FOR IT.THANX FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2006, 01:08 AM
flbullrider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tranny fluid?????

ORIGINAL: wildwolf59

ok guys i called the dodge stealer here and asked them if they flush trannies and they said they just change it and not really flush it so how do you guys really flush the system and what type of fluid should i use......i have heard of two different ones the atf+3 and the atf+4......so i was just curious of which one it was....i have a 2000 5.9 QC 4x4.
What is it with the Dodge dealers? Our backwoods dealer here doesn't have a flush machine either, AND tries to charge $99.95 for a pan dump and fill! Guess they get enough folks too gullible to realize ya go right down the road a half mile to Jiffy Lube and they have the machine - and only charge $60.

Maybe it isn't really necessary to flush it out? I doubt it - seems to me it'd be like gettin an oil change where they only change the filter and just add some new oil, leavin the old stuff in the pan.

Mike Bishop
www.flbullrider.com

Quick Reply: tranny fluid?????