2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

After Market fuel regulator and fuel rails

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 03:58 PM
85RAM1995
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default After Market fuel regulator and fuel rails

Hello all

I have a 1995 ram 1500 and want to do some more mods to the truck, but I need to find the OBD1 performance computer or flash, which is almost impossible to find. I have looked high and low, and can't seems to find one or find anybody that will not charge me an arm and leg to do it.

So my plan is to trick the stock computer that I am still running stock equipment but running high flow everything.

This is where my question comes into play is there a way to bypass the stock fuel regulator on top of the fuel take with just a line out?

I also want to run the 24-pound injectors along with aftermarket rails and wanted to see about recommendations for it?

I also wanted to run all new fuel lines as well but have never done AN fittings and wanted to know how they work?

The last question is I will also be putting a new fuel pump in as well from Holly, but they have two different ones. I was thinking about just running the high flow 455 lph one since the price is only 10 dollars, and I don't want to do this again?

Old 03-20-2022, 05:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Another option would be to grab the PCM, wiring harness, etc, from a 96 or 97 truck. Then it becomes 'tuneable'. Of course, if you have an automatic trans, you will have to do something about TCC, and O/D.

Old 03-21-2022, 06:35 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

you will have to do something about TCC, and O/D.
PATC sells a kit for this.
https://transmissioncenter.net/shop/...iring-diagram/

Old 03-22-2022, 06:59 PM
85RAM1995
Amateur

Hello all

i really want to do this but I run into the problem of putting a second o2 sensor with it as well and then I live in the best state in the country California who is known for the best smog laws out there

so this is why I wanted to try and trick the computer to be able to run a very mild built motor.

I know the others thing I was thinking is how much power could I get out of the stock pcm without flashing it like how wild could I go with the motor.

Old 03-22-2022, 09:10 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Being in commiefornia, you are going to be EXTREMELY limited in what you can do. A fair few parts can't even be shipped to Cali..... So, with the constraints put on your by the state, and by your non-programmable PCM, there just isn't a lot you are going to be able to do. You can ONLY install parts with a CARB EO number. And those ain't cheap either..... I think even going to Cali spec OBDII would be a major hassle, as I believe those had three cats, and four O2 sensors.....

You can probably install a computer-friendly cam, you might find headers with a carb eo number, you could bore the throttle body out a bit, but beyond that? It would be a crap shoot if it would pass inspection or not.

Old 03-23-2022, 06:25 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

I heard if a vehicle was from another state it doesn't have to be converted to pass the stricter emissions. Don't know how true that is. Even with mods it would have to pass the emissions of that state so you can't go to wild.

Old 03-23-2022, 05:47 PM
85RAM1995
Amateur

This is why I LOVE California so much it helps me spend my money for me lol

i know with vision inspections I could get away with internals as long as I don’t put aluminum heads and the nice new intake but it is the tail pipe that I have no clue about how high I can go or what they are looking for but this is probably the wrong post to ask all these questions but I just want to have good reliable hp and be able to tow like a BOSS lol

Quick Reply: After Market fuel regulator and fuel rails