2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cylinder 2 misfire mystery

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2022, 12:18 PM
Potter86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cylinder 2 misfire mystery

Hey guys I'm at my whits end decoding this issue. I'm hoping some insite from you guys might help.

So cylinder 2 started misfiring about 6 months ago. It would only misfire when wide open throttle(like getting on highway from ramp or stop)

I pulled plug and it's nasty compared to the others. so replaced it. Also put new injectors in. Swapped cables around to see if it was cable(also why I jumped to injectors). There are a lot of things new on it except the engine.

It's a new/used to me. But better shape than my old one. In the end I still have my old engine and heads. I may sent the heads out to get checked and get new everything in them and just swap. But thats a last resort.

Any thoughts ideas appreciated.

Happy 4th all who read!

Old 07-03-2022, 12:35 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 320 Likes on 302 Posts

What's the compression for cylinder #2 compared to the other cylinders? Sounds like you may have a piston ring or valve problem with the number 2 cylinder, however, more diagnosis needs to be performed to be sure.

The following users liked this post:
Keith_L (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 06:46 PM
Potter86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
What's the compression for cylinder #2 compared to the other cylinders? Sounds like you may have a piston ring or valve problem with the number 2 cylinder, however, more diagnosis needs to be performed to be sure.
I do not yet. I was just sitting here researching again. And when I take it to shop for something else I am lazy to do I will have the give me the numbers. Unless I feel like going to orielly and renting tool.

Quick Reply: Cylinder 2 misfire mystery