2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel filler neck replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2022, 11:11 AM
Keith_L
Record Breaker
Received 125 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Fuel filler neck replacement

I replaced the filler neck on this 2000. After some research I decided on the Spectra Premium FN643 because it would reportedly work with the factory Dodge fuel cap. If you read reviews of some other alternatives they're made to work with older Ford caps -- likely a Chinese manufacturing oversight.

I will say, the Spectra unit felt substantial in the hand, but I was comparing it to the rusted OEM (Chrysler stickers were still present)

https://smile.amazon.com/Spectra-Pre...dp/B005IUKRGY/

Note that Dodge changed the diameter of the steel tube(s) so this won't work for all years of 2nd Gens. I initially tried to use a filler neck from a '96 donor but it was too small to fit the rubber hoses despite otherwise looking nearly identical

Use an impact driver to install the four anchoring screws and they go in nicely

That's not quite a factory bend.

Last edited by Keith_L; 10-30-2022 at 11:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jryhaugan4221 (11-10-2022)
Old 10-30-2022, 11:50 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

That's something I am going to have to address here in the not too distant future. Mine seems to dribble a bit when filling my tank. As I live in Michigan, rust is most certainly a problem here.

Quick Reply: Fuel filler neck replacement