2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

o2 Sensor brand question

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Sirriggs
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Default o2 Sensor brand question

I am creating this thread from my other due to subject and debate on product brand. I know most of you gentlemen prefer Denso or NTK. Seeing these are hard to come by or ordering them seems to take longer. I had to op out a get a Walker brand for my downstream sensor just so I can get rid of my check engine light and make some adjustments to so other issue I am currently dealing with. Anyway, my question has anybody dealt with this brand. I know a lot don't like the Bosch brand. I started my first order of the Denso brand through NAPA on the 22th of April and they still haven't received it even though it down south of me in Miami and I am in Pensacola Fl. It's like this part is floating in shipment space. I was told it would come in in two days but from the date ordered , you can see it hasn't.
Walker website claims it meets and exceeds OE brand but has anyone else use this name? Curious to hear. Thanks for your time.

Old 05-06-2023, 12:31 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Bosch claims the same thing, but, our trucks simply don't like them. That's is in Sensor 1 position though. For the post-cat sensor, I don't believe it is nearly so critical. After all, it just monitors the cat. No real effect on fueling, that's the front sensors. These guys are CRITICAL for your engine to run properly, thus, most folks recommend going with the OEM sensors. NTK, or Denso.....

Old 05-06-2023, 01:06 PM
PR1AWRet
Veteran
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

About $30-$35 on ebay. There's a set for $75 for all 4 too.

Old 05-06-2023, 01:22 PM
Sirriggs
Captain

The front sensor is Denso. I just had to get the walker for after the converter due to Napa not getting in the one I ordered and nobody else around here had it or Bosch in stock. I just never heard of Walker before but the reviews seems to be good so for a second choice option. It seemed the best for now. Thanks Gents

Old 05-07-2023, 08:55 AM
Sirriggs
Captain

Talking to a mechanic/owner from Canada about Walker o2 and he said it is used up there a lot. He said they are ok but not top dog. I'm at least glad it's the downstream because I can access and pull it for Denso when I ever get one. For now it is fixed and check engine light is off. Yes, I did apply copper anti seize on the threads. I have my own container of that. lol.

Old 05-07-2023, 09:01 AM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Densor or NKT or NGK sensors… for some reason these engines don’t like Bosch.

Old 05-07-2023, 11:21 PM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts
Old 05-09-2023, 01:48 AM
Sirriggs
Captain

Rock Auto has some good price but their shipping is crazy high. I bought transmission lines from them and it was about the same as the price but I will say it still was a good deal. lol. Max the ole budget this month so I will have to wait till next month. lol

Old 05-09-2023, 12:38 PM
PR1AWRet
Veteran
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm an EBay or Amazon person. Because of the steep shipping from RA I can most of the time find it cheaper. I only buy OEM sensors 9 out 10 times or what's the general consensus of the forums say. Usually I can get it quicker from these 2 places. Buy once, cry once.

Old 05-09-2023, 05:52 PM
Sirriggs
Captain

Originally Posted by PR1AWRet
I'm an EBay or Amazon person. Because of the steep shipping from RA I can most of the time find it cheaper. I only buy OEM sensors 9 out 10 times or what's the general consensus of the forums say. Usually I can get it quicker from these 2 places. Buy once, cry once.
I have done both my self.

Quick Reply: o2 Sensor brand question