2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS and Brake light on

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 11:53 PM
claytonio2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS and Brake light on

I have a 99 dodge ram 2500. 5.9L 24 valve cummins. The ABS and Brake lights have been on since I got the truck. I pulled codes a while back and got:
Stored
35 - Rear sensor open
26 - No signal from left front sensor
36 - No signal from rear sensor

Active
36 - No signal from rear sensor

I replace the rear sensor above the differential, continuity is good and it's getting power. I don't see any wheel speed sensors on any of the wheels. I've checked the fuses. I no longer have the scanner so I can't clear any codes or check and see if it's the same codes. Should I have wheel speed sensors? What should I test next?

Old 06-26-2023, 09:25 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

2 or 4 wheel ABS? If there is a motor/controller under the hood, that would be four wheel ABS. I believe the speed sensors were part of the hub/bearing unit. Should be wires going to the frame from them. It's possible that a previous owner replaced the hub/bearing units with the non-ABS versions.....

Quick Reply: ABS and Brake light on