2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

misfire issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 08:52 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

The M1 has been out of production for some time now...... and finding one even here is the states is a wild stroke of luck. There was one in the classifieds here though, don't know if it has sold yet.

That said, no. You actually LOSE low end with the M1.....

Old 08-28-2023, 04:57 PM
Laurens Moja
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The M1 has been out of production for some time now...... and finding one even here is the states is a wild stroke of luck. There was one in the classifieds here though, don't know if it has sold yet.

That said, no. You actually LOSE low end with the M1.....
Oh for real? Wasn't there a intake manifold that gained alot on the low end?

And btw, since my emissions wheren't good ( possible due to excessive oil burn) any tips or tricks to get my CO lower temp? Like unhook a vacuum line on the intake or something....

I really need to get it passed before spending tons of money on new engine 😂

​​​

Old 08-28-2023, 05:10 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

The stock kegger intake with a repaired plenum is the biggest low end intake around that I'm aware of. As for the emissions issue, be sure to install new NTK O2 sensors (since your old sensors were likely destroyed by the plenum oil leak) and thoroughly clean your throttle body.

Old 08-29-2023, 03:04 AM
Laurens Moja
Professional

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
The stock kegger intake with a repaired plenum is the biggest low end intake around that I'm aware of. As for the emissions issue, be sure to install new NTK O2 sensors (since your old sensors were likely destroyed by the plenum oil leak) and thoroughly clean your throttle body.
damn , o2 sensors been replaced last time when redid the cat.. waaay after i did the plenum. Throttle body been cleaned..
So i guess nothing can be done then anymore... To bad , i can't afford it atm to be without a car, so will need to pick up some cheap driveable and nearly junkyard car for now.

That'll be the end for now then , thanks for helping trying to get my issues sorted guys 💪 was a pleasure roaming the street with my ol ram

Old 08-29-2023, 07:27 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Might try doing the valve seals. Parts are pretty cheap, not a real difficult job, just tedious. That would eliminate one source of oil to burned in the cylinders. Will it be enough to get it to pass inspection? That, I don't know.

Old 08-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Laurens Moja
Professional

Might try doing the valve seals. Parts are pretty cheap, not a real difficult job, just tedious. That would eliminate one source of oil to burned in the cylinders. Will it be enough to get it to pass inspection? That, I don't know.
I've noticed different sizes available, or are the stems of the intake/exhaust valves not similair?

Also, i'm having CO at 0.4 , while i need to reach 0.3

​​​​​​Not like making it run super rich or lean will make it get past?

Old 08-29-2023, 03:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Then you would probably fail on something else. NOX, or some such..... How old is the O2 sensors??

Old 08-29-2023, 04:32 PM
Laurens Moja
Professional

Then you would probably fail on something else. NOX, or some such..... How old is the O2 sensors??
If i'm not mistaken their max 2 years old. I almost believe i've did the cat and sensors last year, due to emission failure, but could been 2 years by now. Can't exactly remember the date... Anyway didn't drive loads of miles , 10k / year i believe..

​​​​​​Can i just pull the heads , do the stem seals & put on new head gasket? Cause few people told me, heads best get flattened again on some engines. I know it's possible with them on the engine. But i'd like to check out the cylinders and valves etc with a friend that's having more experience..

Old 08-29-2023, 08:24 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

You can, but, you can get a good idea of the engines internal condition just doing a leakdown test. Just need the gauge set, and a source of compressed air. Why do more work than what might be necessary?

Old 08-30-2023, 05:43 AM
Laurens Moja
Professional

You can, but, you can get a good idea of the engines internal condition just doing a leakdown test. Just need the gauge set, and a source of compressed air. Why do more work than what might be necessary?
I'll look to test it soon, can borrow some testers from the garage!
went to inspection again today and passed it!
Replaced the denso plugs with NGK 2460!

There's only one thing i still felt difference from :
First did air intake and rotor + cap + wires. This made my car preform as it should've had. No plugs where changed and my bosch R8 plugs where still in it. These plugs where old, so i got the denso's from the shop. Immediately felt less power again, and with the NGK's as well.

I've ordered a new coil , since this hasn't been replaced in the 9 years i'm driving it. Hoping this could bring back the performance.

It drove a few days verry well untill i changed the plugs. This can't be due to compression issues right..

Should be something else in my head..

Quick Reply: misfire issues