2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46rh temp sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 03:46 PM
MtnTow
Professional
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 46rh temp sensor?

Id like to put a temp sensor on my 47rh. I know the RE series has deeper pans for the mod but would that work for RH?

Could i weld a bung in somewhere safely?

Old 08-27-2023, 05:21 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Drop the pan (change fluid and filter, adjust the bands while you are in there....) and see if you have reasonable spot.... Stock, the sensor was in the cooler line at the front of the trans, about four inches from the trans. Don't know if those lines are still available though.

Old 08-27-2023, 06:31 PM
MtnTow
Professional
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Drop the pan (change fluid and filter, adjust the bands while you are in there....) and see if you have reasonable spot.... Stock, the sensor was in the cooler line at the front of the trans, about four inches from the trans. Don't know if those lines are still available though.

I adjusted the bands a couple years ago and was looking but couldnt really tell if any of the open areas could affect flow or anything.

i think i may actually still have have the oem sensor in line but id have to look. Are you saying i could tap it for a dash gauge?

Old 08-28-2023, 07:26 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Probably. Just need to know the signal the sensor puts out, and find a gauge that will work with it.

Quick Reply: 46rh temp sensor?