2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rpm drop when not moving

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2023, 08:32 PM
CadenCarmichael
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rpm drop when not moving

Hi everyone this is my first post and I’m a 16 year old kid with a1995 1500 with the 5.9 v8 and just recently when the truck is running if I’m not giving it gas the rpm’s will drop below 1000 and bog down until the oil pressure drops and it dies but at first if you put it into park or neutral it wouldn’t do that I have 2 o2 sensor codes one says voltage grounded and the other says something like stuck at center. When hooked up to a scanner my rpm’s drop 200 when in gear and my injectors go from 3.7 to 2.4 park plugs probably need replaced but I would like to know if anybody has any ideas

Old 09-25-2023, 09:11 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

I'd tend to give the truck a good tune-up (copper spark plugs, cap, rotor and spark plug wires) and thoroughly clean the throttle body, especially where the idle air controller plugs into the back of the throttle body. Also, plan to work though the O2 sensor issues as well..

Quick Reply: Rpm drop when not moving