2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just a question on my 46RE trans

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 06:13 PM
Sirriggs
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Having a second warm body certainly makes life easier..... The techs at work were able to control engine speed with their scan tool though..... (dealership.... so, not precisely something you can pick up off the shelf.)
I agree there. I just thought they had the helping hand most of the time. I don't do a lot other then go to work and home. Old hermit I have become. lol.

Old 01-14-2024, 09:31 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,374 Likes on 3,115 Posts

Originally Posted by Sirriggs
I agree there. I just thought they had the helping hand most of the time. I don't do a lot other then go to work and home. Old hermit I have become. lol.
Right there with ya. If I drive 5000 miles in a year, it's a lot.

Old 01-16-2024, 04:53 AM
Sirriggs
Captain

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Right there with ya. If I drive 5000 miles in a year, it's a lot.
lol. I tell my daughter that in my 20s you couldn't get me out of my car but in my 40s it's opposite. Talked to daughter last night about the truck. Since my road is really bad with standing water from this rain and how she complains about driving her new car through it. Since cash is very tight on my side right now and I don't charge her anything to live here. I thought she could take on the task to get this transmission fixed so she can drive it on this road when it's bad or more. AAMACO offers financing what she can't afford straight out and my guess it shouldn't be that much since it's already been rebuilt. If it has to be taken out, there were the cost will be in labor. I figure the first thing that needs to be done is a pressure test and go from there. Hopefully she is willing to do it so it doesn't have to sit till I can get back into it.

Old 01-16-2024, 06:19 PM
69_XS29L
Veteran
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is a short hand version of the FSM pressure test procedure.
https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/art...ng-guide-r622/
46 RE very much similar.

Old 01-28-2024, 08:15 PM
Sirriggs
Captain

Originally Posted by 69_XS29L
Here is a short hand version of the FSM pressure test procedure.
https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/art...ng-guide-r622/
46 RE very much similar.
Thanks, I will be reading it soon. I did take it out today for a small run down the road and it did shift to third with no problems. Only was doing around 40 mph so really didn't expect 4th to come into play. We had crappy weather ( rainy) this weekend. My goal to do another fluid drain and strain with new filter since the fluid has really no real miles on it. It did have a lot of sparkles in it the last time I did that. Just material from the new friction disk from rebuild. You can't feel anything when you rub it between the fingers. I really don't believe I did something wrong but more of something is off to cause these odd problems. Still trying to get my daughter onboard to take it down to a local trans shop so she can park her car when the road is full of water like now. She doesn't like to drive it with her new car. lol. She isn't really a truck person but after you drive one for awhile, cars feel like your on the ground.:O

Quick Reply: Just a question on my 46RE trans