2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1998.5 Trying to wire factory fog lights, Can't find Jumper from Lights to harness. I

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Joe.G
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1998.5 Trying to wire factory fog lights, Can't find Jumper from Lights to harness. I

So previous owner wired up fog lights but I want to set them up factory, I have a new Air Bag / Fog light combo switch. I believe i found the connector by the center of bottom of radiator , I need the jumper that connects from there to each fog light. I have not taken the dash bezel off yet but I do think the factory switch wiring will be there. I have found jumpers from all other years but just not 2nd Gen. Any help with this would be great.

I have a complete after market harness that I tried on my bench and was able to make it work with the factory switch I bought but I don't want to rig anything. My truck has the pull head light switch.

Thanks

Old 01-28-2024, 05:51 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Just a note… the fog lights will only come on when the headlights are on low beam… switch to high beam and fog lights go off.

Fog lights to the main harness is just a Y splitter cable… if one can’t be found at a wrecker, it would take much to make one.

Old 01-28-2024, 08:00 PM
Joe.G
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it's a y, I could make one easier if I could find this connector.

Old 01-29-2024, 06:34 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 362 Likes on 340 Posts

Look up the wiring and plug in the factory manual here.

The following users liked this post:
Joe.G (01-29-2024)

Quick Reply: 1998.5 Trying to wire factory fog lights, Can't find Jumper from Lights to harness. I