2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sensors & P1762 DTC

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM
Chiefs23
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensors & P1762 DTC

I've read and seen on here how the upstream o2 sensor shares the same reference voltage as the governor pressure solenoid which can cause the P1762 DTC to appear. I found some frayed wires on my upstream o2 sensor harness and fixed and replaced them and the code went away for a few weeks. Well, now the code is back so my questions are; does the downstream o2 sensor share the same reference voltage as the governor pressure solenoid? Are there any other sensors that share the same reference voltage as the governor pressure sensor that could cause this P1762 DTC? When I started the truck it was in first gear every time and wasn't in "limp mode." Also it was going through all the gears so I'm curious as to why this code is back. Thanks!!

Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,296 Likes on 3,042 Posts

You may actually have an issue with the solenoid..... How many miles on the trans?? Last time it was serviced??

Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM
Chiefs23
Amateur

Originally Posted by HeyYou
You may actually have an issue with the solenoid..... How many miles on the trans?? Last time it was serviced??
Less the 2k. The transmission (Viper Series 2 46re) was purchased from PATC on May 1. It came with a one year unlimited miles warranty. I was told that if I dropped the pan within the year, the warranty is voided.

Old Today, 06:36 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 372 Likes on 350 Posts

I would contact them and see what they say. Wonder what happens if the sensor is bad, Do you have to send the trans back for them to change it? Unless they have local trans shops that they work with.
P1762 Governor Pressure Sensor Offset Volts Too Low Or High
The sensor sends back voltage to the pcm to tell it what the output speed is. If you check your governor pressure with a gauge it will be about a 1 psi per mile per hour.

Old Today, 07:55 AM
Chiefs23
Amateur

Originally Posted by Moparite
I would contact them and see what they say. Wonder what happens if the sensor is bad, Do you have to send the trans back for them to change it? Unless they have local trans shops that they work with.
P1762 Governor Pressure Sensor Offset Volts Too Low Or High
The sensor sends back voltage to the pcm to tell it what the output speed is. If you check your governor pressure with a gauge it will be about a 1 psi per mile per hour.
Heres the interesting part. I was getting the same p1762 code with the previous transmission and pcm before I bought and installed the new transmission and pcm. That’s why I’m confused. How could this be if the transmission and pcm are both new.

Old Today, 07:57 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,296 Likes on 3,042 Posts

Wiring issue.

Quick Reply: Sensors & P1762 DTC