2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1995 ram 1500 5.9 wobbling at 45+

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM
Riggie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerLemming
Check your front suspension, steering components, and steering box and make sure they are not worn out, if they are don't cheap out on replacement parts.
Fixed my steering issue was positive it was my steering gear. As for my bouncing at 45+ i’ve put new brakes all around meaning rotors and calipers and pads on the front and drums and new springs and a wheel cylinders and shoes on the back. It didn’t change anything. Anybody know how i can figure out where this bouncing is coming from? i’ve already had the tires balanced twice by 2 different shops. Thinking maybe it’s my U-joints but from what i’ve read plenty of people have replaced those and it didn’t fix the issue.

Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,359 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Do you feel it thru the steering? Or thru the seat? have you tried rotating the tires, did it change anything?

Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM
Riggie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Do you feel it thru the steering? Or thru the seat? have you tried rotating the tires, did it change anything?
i feel the bounce in my seat. my steering wheel isn’t affected at all by this bounce. i have not rotated the tires as they are brand new, i haven’t even had them on for a month yet.

Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,359 Likes on 3,101 Posts

You had this problem even before the new tires though, right?? If not, then rotating them becomes mandatory..... only way to eliminate them as a possibility.

Now, if you did have this problem even before the tires, you are looking at a rear driveline issue. Could be a u-joint, carrier bearing, or some bad teeth on the ring/pinion.... Is it worse if you are going around a corner? Do you have the limited slip rear diff??

Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

What kind of tires did you install on your truck and what size are they? How much air pressure is in each tire?

Also, did you check your front wheel bearings and front U-joints (at each front wheel) for any play/wear in them?

Old Today, 06:49 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 384 Likes on 361 Posts

What configuration is your truck? Long bed extended cab? If you have two piece drive shaft in the rear it could be the drive shaft carrier bearing. You might want to look at the drive shaft for any slop/movement.

Quick Reply: 1995 ram 1500 5.9 wobbling at 45+