2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rebuild 5.2 crank no start, possible timing?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 08:41 PM
Redbeard0316
|
Lightbulb Rebuild 5.2 crank no start, possible timing?

I recently rebuilt my 5.2 .It was not a 100% full rebuild, I did use parts that were good. Replaced crank shaft, rods, pistons, timing gears and chain, cap and button, all plugs and wires, new ignition coil, New gaskets/seal on everything. I get TDC, button pointing towards #1, try and start and I get a crank but no start. It doesn't sound strong on the crank, it seems slow. I am thinking timing, so I hit it with some ether turn the distributor and it seems to get stronger and stronger, but still doesn't want to start ( I've turned it until it sound like **** again, then I turned it back to where it sound the strongest) I have spark, good fuel, I double checked both of them. I have my wires grounded, battery is good. I am a little lost at this point. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Old Yesterday | 09:33 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Does it fire, or backfire, at all?

Quick Reply: Rebuild 5.2 crank no start, possible timing?