2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SERIOUS FEEDBACK ON LIFTS"HELP ME"

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 06:30 PM
bull33
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERIOUS FEEDBACK ON LIFTS"HELP ME"

I've been looking into lifting my truck. I'm finding that for about $ 1500.00 I can get a sky jacker 4-5inch single flex susspension lift. Ok, here comes the problem. people seem to think sky jackers are cheap and not as strong as RCD, Tough Country or RC sus-lifts. pro comp is a cheap lift. also these other brands dont make a lift taller than 3 inches. I was talking to steves truck in Alabama and he says sky jacker is great and they make more lifts for dodge than anyone so they know dodges very well. so does anyone have any ideas. fab tech? told it was cheap to.

Old 01-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: SERIOUS FEEDBACK ON LIFTS"HELP ME"

I personally don't have a sus. lift on mine. But around here, and everywhere else I've looked people LOVE SkyJacker. Who did you hear from that said they suck? Also people on here dispise Fabtech.

Old 01-15-2006, 10:28 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer Skyjacker for lifts. I'd get them over a Tough County you said people liked anyday. The only complaint I have heard is that springs sag and I haven't heard many people say that and that people like the DT trac bar better I think thats what it is. Most everyone I've heard from loves Skyjacker along with me. I'm with the guy above me who told you Skyjacker sucks?

Old 01-15-2006, 11:41 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

you should post this question in the dodge section on pavementsucks.com. they are experts when it comes to lifts. they've tried them all between most of them and can tell you what is best and worst about each one.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:42 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

I despise pretty much all lift kits but I'd go with a Skyjacker over any of the other ones out there ....if I were to misplace my brain and decide to lift my already freakishly tall truck that is [8D]

Old 01-16-2006, 04:31 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep I second the pavementsucks.com motion I don't know why I didn't reccomend that.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Tani1500
Champion

i have a 5in skyjacker on my truck. i wouldnt buy anything else. i love this lift! im even going up to 7inches soon. as what i know on the other lifts. tuff countrys control arms are weak as hell. ruff country and procomp are also crappy and give you a **** ride. fabtech is good too but expensive and i think it requires welding. so the way i see it skyjackers the way to go.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Tani1500
Champion

i also forgot to metion that unless this is a die hard trail rig you shouldnt get the single or double flex. they really suck on the road and they were out VERY fast when you do drive them on the road. im talking like 1,000 miles and there like $100.00 each to replace. you also get alot of vibration from them as its metal on metal. i get a lot of flex without them so i dont think you need to worry about it.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:34 PM
jdcovert
Veteran

I just just put a 3" Skyjacker in my '01 Ram Quad Cab and I'm more than pleased with it!! I haven't had it long enough to comment on the longevity and wear, but it has excellent road manners! It handles every bit as good as the stock suspension - very solid and stable. The extra leaf in the rear stiffened her up a bit, so it rides a bit more like a 3/4 ton now
I haven't had any experience with Tuff Country, but from what I've heard they're a "cheap" setup. Definately not the quality of a Skyjacker! I don't think you can go wrong with a Skyjacker!

Quick Reply: SERIOUS FEEDBACK ON LIFTS"HELP ME"