2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cheap Grill Guards

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 12:11 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cheap Grill Guards

Anybody know where one could get a good quality chrome or stainless steel grill/brush guard, besides Ebay???

Old 01-16-2006, 12:50 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Default RE: Cheap Grill Guards

how cheap are you looking for we sell em at work and there between 500-1000 cdn check out
http://www.interioroffroad.com/
click on price quotes and tell em what your looking for thats in canada if your in the states one of the outher guys can probbley tell you somewhere closer

Old 01-16-2006, 01:21 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

My bad..........Cheap being under $400 US......

Old 01-16-2006, 03:25 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

whats your plan are you putting on driving lights? for the look? or do you want it to keep jap crap (honda civics driven buy retards lol) and deer out of your way?

Old 01-16-2006, 03:52 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

LOL "jap crap".......Well it wouldnt matter if it had the applications for lights or not, im going more for the looks........to be able to keep those deer from going into my grill would be a plus too i guess. Ive looked and found some on ebay for about $175, but after shipping and handleing its up around $250, plus ive known people who have ordered stuff like a grille guard off of ebay and gotten ripped off, i think there is a thread on this site somewhere about somebody who got a grille guard off ebay it was damaged and was haveing all kinds of troubles. I would prefer a frame mount, but would settle for a bumper mount...whichever is cheaper.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:00 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

well if you want it to keed the dear out of the front of your truck then deffanatley go with a frame mount umm it go with the stainless too pouder coated and cromed tend to rust after a while. where abouts do you live? if you look around im shure youll find one in your price range

Old 01-16-2006, 04:12 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

North Dakota, just an hour from the canadian border haha. I think im going to talk to a friend who owns a dealership and see if i can get one for less off of one of the ram's he has on the lot. If that doesnt work then i'll just have to keep on researching. I agree with the stainless steel and DEFINALTY never get the powdercoat. Like u said prolly just a matter of looking around.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:21 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

yah mine was 100 bucks cdn i got it from work we instaled it on a gust truck and it dident fit in his carport so he dident want it (mustabeen a tight fit to start with lol) so i got it and it looks great

Old 01-16-2006, 04:26 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

JEEZ lucky i hope i can find a deal like that [8D]

Old 01-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Grill guards definetly do a good job for diverting deer and other small animals and protecting your grill, but if you only want it for looks, and you drive mostly in town, consider this. Hitting a 3000-5000lb car with your grill guard is much different then hitting a 300-500lb deer.

I know a guy who works at a body shop. He told me once about how many trucks come in with a frame mounted grill guard that have been in accidents (lower speed front end stuff, like rear ending another car, etc...) and actually result in the frame being bent or other more severe damage that results in the truck being totaled by insurance (though the grill was protected very nicely). The same accident without the grill guard would have resutled in the factory crumple zones in the grill doing their job, and the truck being fixable.

Just something to consider.

Quick Reply: Cheap Grill Guards