2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

bf goodrich all terrians suck

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bf goodrich all terrians suck

ORIGINAL: zeekxxx

Yeah I have to agree with the drinking and driving thing. Not smart. The best tires in the world cant help a stupid driver. I might be stationed in georgia next. Ill be be on the look out you.

Georgia ZEEK IS COMMING HOME TO THE STATES?? YEAH!!! Or do you mean the other Georgia by Russia? BOO!! Well if he is stupid enough to do it then he deserved everything that happened.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:18 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No crap they suck in mud everyone has said that for years. If you want to play in mud you shouldn't have an AT anyway you should have a MT. The BFG MT's arn't bad but the AT's suck. The only AT I'd consider would be a Kelley Safari MSR or maybe a Bridgstone dueler if I didn't go offroad much at all but really the Kelly is what I would be buying if I wanted to go offroad yet still needed a AT.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:35 PM
94Champ
Professional

Yea, if you do alot of offroading in clay/gumbo terrain like I do, the Toyo MT's or Pro Comp XT's are a good choice and fairly quite running. I usually go 100 to 150 miles out in the nevada desert and just a short rain storm makes the clay roads slicker than pheasant guts on a gearshift ****. Try paying for a wrecker to come out there to pull you out and all of a sudden a 1 or 2 mile loss in gas mileage for mt's doesn't look so bad if your going to them sort of places often. The downside to clay/gumbo is that out here anyways,some of that sh#t is bottomless and even a set of 44 inch tires won't get you thru it. Thinking hovercraft maybe

Old 01-19-2006, 09:41 PM
bigandbeutiful

yea i got a hole in front of my house went out there one day and buried the ol dodge down to the frame called everyone i knew and the only person that attempted was a f-250 and he didnt have his truck lifted like mine and was stuck befroe he made it to me finally my grandpa had to load his dozer on his peter built and come to the rescue thank god!!!

Old 01-19-2006, 11:05 PM
rejectracing
Rookie

Maxxis Buckshots are some really good tires though they don't last as long as some other tires. That drinkin and ridin always ends up gettin ya some dents lol, I got a new Isuzu Rodeo after I got rid of my dodge and went wheeling at the local off road spot, Sand Creek, and ended up scratching my drivers door on a rock ledge and sliding into a tree with my roof rack. Ended up having a 16 year old drive me home.

Old 01-20-2006, 04:28 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rejectracing

Maxxis Buckshots are some really good tires though they don't last as long as some other tires. That drinkin and ridin always ends up gettin ya some dents lol, I got a new Isuzu Rodeo after I got rid of my dodge and went wheeling at the local off road spot, Sand Creek, and ended up scratching my drivers door on a rock ledge and sliding into a tree with my roof rack. Ended up having a 16 year old drive me home.
You got an Isuzu Rodeo that was huge step down wasn't it? Or was that after a previous Dodge.

Old 01-20-2006, 06:46 AM
mrsweet69

I originally had bf at's on my truck, i wouldn't say they are horrible, but they aren't my fav either. It rains 90% of the year here, they were pretty bad on the wet road. I got some yoko at's. never heard much about them, but they have been awesome so far. Great in rain, snow, and okay in mud. No all terrain tire is going to be that great in mud...you need some boggers like you said.

Old 01-20-2006, 12:29 PM
ljpierce_ely
Veteran

I spent 6 months in Alabama (Ft. McClellan MP School, 1986), and know about the mud down there. Alabama Red!!!

Anyway, my humble opinion on BFG AT T/A's is that it would depend on the type of driving you are doing. I have BFG AT T/A's on both my Dodge Ram, and my Chebby S-10, and I love them! Around here in Nevada, they are perfect for driving in/on snow, rain, gravel, dirt, etc. They don't like ice, but what tire without studs does like ice? I can see how they wouldn't be too good with the "famous" mud down there in Bama and Georgia. As for what to use down there, I am not an expert and wouldn't know what to recommend. But here in BFE Nevada, they do the job and then some.

Old 01-20-2006, 12:39 PM
fwak

Just so u know big beauty...my buddy has 36x12.50's on his T-Hoe and has had them for bout three months and put bout 7 K on them and they have bout half tread. If you decide on TSL's get that magnum powder for them so they last longer and tighten your lug nuts up every time you think about them...also the flattin out when sittin after bout 30 minutes...So in the mornings after work or after your lunch break be ready to bounce around for 10 miles...

Old 01-20-2006, 08:20 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

i have some cheapo bridgestones a/t's that suck ***** in the rain. had to buy a new bumper because of them.

NO MORE BRIDGESTONE A/T'S!!

Quick Reply: bf goodrich all terrians suck