2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Has anyone's Dodge Lamb worked right from the get go?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:24 PM
nmason
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone's Dodge Lamb worked right from the get go?

i have 96 with the V6 motor. bought it 2.5 years ago with 89000km on it. i now have almost 17000km on it. previous owner had not changed a single thing and never did regular maintenance. it had been hit on the drivers side near the door. so far the only things ive replaced are the Cat (which Dodge is now gonna pay me for), shocks at 125000km, upper control arm and pitman arm (fell in a hole). the auto tranny is still shifting great. no other problems that i know of. i will be doing the brakes in the spring, and the front and rear bumpers have rust. truck has been amazing for me. oh, and im going in to get the ignition switch and secondary hood latch fixed, both under recall, neither have failed.

even with all the bitching ive heard about all these probs (paint, dash cracks, cat, etc) i have to admit that dodge does seem to stand behind its product well, at least 5 times better than any other north american auto manufacturer. my family has a 99 mercury sable wagon witht he duratec v6 and DOHC, ford wouldnt even replace the 2 REAR setbelts that failed at 100000km.

i love my dodge

Old 01-27-2006, 11:29 PM
banwhalen
Rookie

My passenger seat reclines.... whoop dee do edith!

Still say my 73 charger will out last the Lamb. 120k on the motor and tranny.
and she is 33 years old. dogged the hell of it when I was a teenager at the time I bought it. Never opened the hood. Too busy having fun in the back seat and partying. Good old days.
nothin like a big block mopar. Only had to replace the carburetor since I was to lazy to rebuild it.

still pissed at my Lamb,

I think Chrysler should have to pay for the brake switch, clock spring switch, and the pcm that is now bad due to a short in the system.

baa baa
When I was at the dealership getting ripped off, I talked to a salesman who tried to tell mehow wonderful the new charger is and that they can't keep them around. I told him, like I tell everyone else, I am still working the bugs out of the original Mexican manufacturing on the Dodge, why would I start that nightmare all over again and buy another new dodge? ain't happining with me. never again. no new mopars.

I really had looked at a Magnum until I read the problems with that *****.
My charger cost me $1300, the most anyone should ever spend on a Dodge.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:12 AM
V10
Professional

ORIGINAL: banwhalen
I am still working the bugs out of the original Mexican manufacturing on the Dodge
The 3 at the beginning of your VIN may be the root of all your problems.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:40 AM
Tani1500
Champion

i never baby my truck. im always banging through gears and pounding it off road. my only real big problem was my t case.

Old 01-28-2006, 04:47 AM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker

had mine for 3 months and put about 3,000 miles on it so far.. no problems at all with it up to 35,000 miles and still no repair history. so far so good

Old 01-28-2006, 12:02 PM
brute98
Professional

I took a risk buying the Ram second hand from a small lot of trucks in Feb 2005. It was the best price in town for a 4x4 that wasn't completely beat up. Good trade too. I've only put about 20 000km since I got it. Where it came from or what the history is I have no idea. All I know is that it was sitting at the lot for a while.
Replaced:
- Throttle cable
- Muffler
- Tailgate cables

I have beaten the crap out of it offroad many times and been stuck a few times in the snow (but always got out ). I drive it everyday, mostly easy but I do like a healthy acceleration once in a while. I've swapped power locks and leather seats from a Dodge Stratus ES. It's comfy a saloon now. I like the big cup holders and the manly 'smoke-a-carton' ashtray. Bed liner was tossed away for being a huge, heavy paint job scraper.

I've hauled wet heavy dirt, firewood, rocks, junk, transmissions...Sometimes the hitch almost drags on the ground there's so much crap and not once has it let me down. Some rust at the rear wheel wells and rusty exhaust manifolds but that's normal for the 2nd saltiest city in North America [:'(]. It is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. It's tough as hell. Oh yeah, it removes tree stumps real good too.[8D]
Up next:
- plenum
- u-joints
- Cat
- brakes
- shocks

Hauls ***, sucks gas!

Old 01-28-2006, 12:19 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[sm=smiley20.gif] Brute98
PS, hi from the saltiest city, has to be TO lol

Old 01-28-2006, 12:22 PM
brute98
Professional

ORIGINAL: RM_Indy

[sm=smiley20.gif] Brute98
PS, hi from the saltiest city, has to be TO lol
It's Quebec City actually. I'm sure TO ain't to far behind.

Old 01-28-2006, 07:42 PM
nmason
Veteran

in the woodstock/london area only the 400 series highways and a few main streets in town get salt. everything else is sand. my trucks only got rust on the front and rear bumper, but god damn it gets hella dirt in the winter. although we havent had much of a winter this year.

Old 01-29-2006, 05:33 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hate to say it but ive beat the sh*t out of my truck i used it as a bush truck wen i worked on rigs for the first 2 years i had it i hardley drive under 140 and i semi-often pull a traler with it its a 98 1500 auto with a 318 never had a prob with the trani all ive done is the fuel pump, u-joints, trac bar (that was my own fault i hit a stump) and i had i short whitch i found to be in the seat belts (go figure) sorry you got a lemon but if i started having problems id get rid of it and get anouther but for what ive put my truck through its aloud a cupple problems lol

Quick Reply: Has anyone's Dodge Lamb worked right from the get go?