2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tire traction/price etc...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 11:32 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tire traction/price etc...

consider dunlop mud rovers. i got the '33' inch variety (actually about 32.7 inches)- their 285/75/16s..... 130 bucks apiece. their awesome for mud but i havent tried snow yet. but their a great value cuz thats a relatively cheap mud tire

Old 02-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

I LOVE the Discovery STT's!! They're kinda pricy though. I saw them a few monthes ago and fell in love with them.

I know a kid with 31 Pro Comp MT's and they're pretty sweet. He managed to crawl up a 6 foot snow bank with them. Open diff's to. Course he got stuck at the top and I had to pull him out in 4L, but they're good tires

Old 06-30-2006, 12:06 AM
mopar crazy
Professional

I am also looking at replacing the tires that came with my truck ( goodyear ) with the Cooper Discoverer st or sst tires. I love the aggresive look they have but am wondering how they will do in the snow. Here in wisconsin we get quite a bit of snow during the winter......although not as much as the folks in the nothern counties. Any thoughts on these tires regarding snow handling or icy conditions?

The st's have more siping than the sst's so they may be a better choice? But I love the look of the sst's. Most of my driving is on pavement but would like to have the option to go offroading with the proper tires. Im looking at purchasing 285/75/16 for my truck.

truck specs......99 dodge ram 318ci 4x4 stock 16"x7" rims with no lift (but it looks lifted, might be a factory lift?)

any thoughts on the winter handling?

Old 06-30-2006, 03:38 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

wild country txr's... i'll swear my life by them.

55 passin trucks on west coast cascade passes at night with snow and ice on the ground and coming down too. i didn't even realize i was doing 55 felt like glue on the road.

(pics of them in my gallery)

Quick Reply: Tire traction/price etc...