2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Pic of CB and Sat Install + Updated Gallery

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New Pic of CB and Sat Install + Updated Gallery

They also have an option were if you pay something $400 or $500, you get it for lifetime, no monthly payments ever again.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:23 PM
lamby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lamby - don't know which antenna you are referring to, the sat antenna is run through the windshield rubber seal and is on the front edge of my roof in the middle. The CB antenna is a K-40, I have it attached to the passenger side of my toolbox. The coax runs between the bed and cab, under the cab, and comes into the cab through a rubber grommet under the master cylinder. I also have a large ground wire from the antenna bracket to the frame, because the toolbox is aluminum and has foam between it and the bed.
That is the answer I was looking for. I figured you problably used a gromet but I was not sure which one. Thanks man!

Old 02-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

ORIGINAL: Socha_62

Yup $12.95 a month, but they do have some specials like they said. I bought a years worth of service so you get a month free and stuff like that. But I ran the antena cable out my backseat side window right on top of the roof. The wires kinda tacky but one day I'll actually tuck it in somwhere.
I ran my sat antenna wire under the dash and up through the rubber seal in front of the drivers door, and used a Bondo applicator to pull the back of the rubber windshield seal up enough to tuck the wire under it. You can't see it from the outside at all - didn't take long either, if you want to redo yours.....

Old 02-03-2006, 06:13 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

can you take a pic of your cb antenna? and maybe your serius anteanna install ... im curious of what both look light..

and since you routed the antenna wire through the gromet for the windeshield have you experienced any type of leaking or added wind noise?

Old 02-03-2006, 06:40 PM
4DrMopar
Captain

bit cluttered for my taste, but to each his own.. I have a warmed up PC68, mounted to the brackets of the center seat...big "L" bracket holds the cb tight agaisnt the center seat cushion,facing up..as for a grommet for the antenna cable, well, I run a BIG coax cable for better uhh signal.. hehehe its about 3/8" or so thick, I drilled a hol in the floor board and installed a grommet from home depot

Old 02-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

Ok, here are the pics you requested. Please excuse the rusty bolts in the cb antenna pic, I am going to fabricate a new bracket to raise the coil up above the top of the toolbox for even better reception, I'll use stainless bolts this time! The green wire in the pic is the ground wire I ran to the truck frame to properly ground the bracket. The bracket on it now is angled to clear the tool box lid, I'll put up a new pic when I get the thing remounted.
The sat antenna has a short wire protector on it, I tucked it under the edge of the rubber pretty far so the car wash wouldn't rip it off. I have not had any leaks or wind noise after the install. The antenna wire is so small that it slips right under the windshield seal with no bulge. I missed it in the door pic, but the antenna wire runs behind the kick panel and up through the door seal to the windshield seal. The door won't pinch it. If you run yours this way, you will understand when you see it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19461/E0F192DB462C4BDE9E2D14D18DB75AF7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19461/74B3C5B5C99D4C599B6ED9175984DD85.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19461/6212DFAD99CF43BBA5A359548F5D98E4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-03-2006, 10:53 PM
dodgekid
Professional

badass. Looks so incredibly nice. Great work.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:29 AM
kossuth
Professional

I did XM on mine and I like it. Anyways here is how I did my antenna. Just used some clear clauking underneath the taillight gasket when the cable goes out and under to seal it all up real nice and haven't had a problem in the year I've had it installed. I have an Alpine head unit which already has the XM receiver built in. Can't beat it.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:55 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

thats how i had my xm sat antenna when i had it in the ram... but before i had a good HU it was modulated and the quality wasnt worth the money so i returned it.. no my HU (and soon carputer) has/will have aux input so itll sound clearrer...just gotta get around to gett he serius reciever...

that cb antenna aint so bad... just like my antenna for my scanner for the FD... just a little bigger

thanks racin

Quick Reply: New Pic of CB and Sat Install + Updated Gallery