2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Valve Covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 12:21 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Valve Covers

Let me clarify seeing it sort of relates to the question asked
Hughes billet 55mm tb, Eddy heads & HS alum 1.6rrs are mine in my avatar pic. I used a buddies m1/4bb & 408block for the mock up and test fitted his mp valve covers on my heads. I have to make a My Setup post, maybe that way shott will stop jackin everyones thread I post to lmao

Another thought, look for the valve covers under Performer RPM Heads with the part # 61779 (61769 is bare bones/same hds)

Old 02-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Indy, I will contact Edlebrock. I think I will pass on the vent painting I try another route. My fingers aren't nimble enough to try it. lmoa. Thanks again and I'll let everyone know what they say. Heres a question for you about the drags. Do you ever get down here to Lancaster? If not you should try it. That way you shott and I could get togther and see each others rides.

Ryan will get his for the post stealing, he still needs to go to autozone in batavia. Inside joke he'll get

Old 02-18-2006, 04:32 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Dodgeramman

Ryan will get his for the post stealing, he still needs to go to autozone in batavia. Inside joke he'll get

??????

Old 02-18-2006, 06:06 PM
MGDMike
Champion

ORIGINAL: RM_Indy

Good luck if you choose to accept this mission,,,,you may not come back
LOL!! Down the road I'll accept that mission but I'm just going to do the route of having everything match to an extent.

Old 02-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ryans590

??????

Not you, that was ment for schott

Old 02-18-2006, 06:12 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

scott ... that autozone will be the death of me... if i have to go in there again and wait 20 mins to buy a 4.00$ part ill will lose my damn mind....

indy... thats harsh!!! callin me out like that dude LOL im know im trying to stop!!![:@]

Old 02-18-2006, 07:36 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ryans590

??????

Not you, that was ment for schott

gotcha

Old 02-18-2006, 08:11 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you ever get down here to Lancaster? If not you should try it. That way you shott and I could get togther and see each others rides.
Never been to Lancaster, thats an 1/8th track isnt it? Sounds like fun, dont get me wrong but a few reasons why I cant. I tow the Indy to the track on its hauler behind the V10. Up at 600am to get to the track for 11am usually. Traffics getting bad on the way. Could just imagine how long it would take to get to the boarder, cross it, then to Lancaster race and back again. No way Ill motel it, too many guys I know have been ripped off while sleeping. I wouldnt be able to sleep a wink worrying. I've been a regular at Cayuga since 96, its an ihra 1/4mile track http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/dragway/home.htm Costs 100-150 in fuel for Cayuga n back last fall, cant wait to see how high the prices go when things heat up again [:@].

ORIGINAL: shott8283

indy... thats harsh!!! callin me out like that dude LOL im know im trying to stop!!!

[sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 02-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker
Default RE: Valve Covers *Updated*

Well sent Edelbrock an email and here is what they said.

Sorry we do not make any valve covers for the Magnum heads. (hopefully soon)

Thanks - Gregg Suyenaga, Edelbrock Tech Dept.

I Guess I will have to get a set of polished MPs. Thanks eveyone!!

Schott if it's going to be the death of you, I get your headers. That way I can get something from Edelbrock.

[IMG]local://upfiles/23455/9FE049BCE2CC474E9269D56533635DD5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Valve Covers *Updated*

I had the same problem. No one seems to make good aftermarket valve covers. I ended up getting the Mopar ones like in Steve's post. I haven't installed them yet, they will go on when I put in the 1.7rr's.

One other option would be to take your stock ones to a powder coater, and they could at least get you a different color on your stock covers.

Quick Reply: Valve Covers