2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gettin' a ram

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 05:01 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gettin' a ram

Tom ments[sm=boosign.gif] well i can no longer help you with anything....joking im a grave digger fan myself

sounds like an alright deal maby you can get him down to $3500 if your lucky but sounds pritty good to me

Old 02-19-2006, 02:12 PM
alexo1us
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great deal to me I assume that is in Yankee dollars 4000.00 us works out to about 10,000 Canuck dollars.
I to have found two possibilities
1 I thought it was a 01 but it is a 02 Silver on Black Loaded every thing except for leather and moon roof he want 28,000 CAD
And a 2001 sport again loaded no leather but moon roof she has, green on dark grey for 24,000 she has 150Km the silver one has 98,000.
A lot more then I wanted to spend but if I want to get what I want I may have to spend it
Both drove like new.
Although I like the silver over the green the sport model even in green looks better, not a fan of the chrome grill.
Alex

Old 02-19-2006, 03:05 PM
BigRigTruckin66
Veteran

I don't like chrome, but I kinda enjoy the chrome grill. Had one on the durango and now on the ram. You can go pick up an ol' painted one at a junkyard somewhere. Plenty 'round here. Yeah the truck looks great. Clean interior, loads of new stuff, it's great!

-BigRig

P.S. Hey ryans590, you know Digger is a Chevy right? I idolize Rolling Thunder 'cause he built his truck ground up, but I love Meents's air.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:49 PM
alexo1us

I have a lead on a unit 02 86k on her loaded grey on grey leather comming off lease or something in week or two. Bud said I can get for less then 20,000
can't wait to see it for 5 or 8 grand it is worht the wait.

Old 02-20-2006, 03:52 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: BigRigTruckin66
P.S. Hey ryans590, you know Digger is a Chevy right? I idolize Rolling Thunder 'cause he built his truck ground up, but I love Meents's air.

auclually grave digger is a 51 ford bronco with a chevy moter origanally, but now-a-days there just monster trucks bult out of tube frames 540 ci moter pushing 1500 horse a tranny i wish i had in my ram (i couldent kill it if i tryed lol) and a fiberglass shell for a body to identify what its susposto be anyways the only reason i dont like ments is cuz hes so cocky that and his truck is just a futristic suv with a chevy moter too

anyways keep us updated on your search for a ram

Old 02-20-2006, 09:51 PM
BigRigTruckin66
Veteran

ORIGINAL: ryans590

ORIGINAL: BigRigTruckin66

auclually grave digger is a 51 ford bronco with a chevy moter origanally, but now-a-days there just monster trucks bult out of tube frames 540 ci moter pushing 1500 horse a tranny i wish i had in my ram (i couldent kill it if i tryed lol) and a fiberglass shell for a body to identify what its susposto be anyways the only reason i dont like ments is cuz hes so cocky that and his truck is just a futristic suv with a chevy moter too

anyways keep us updated on your search for a ram
Yeah, I learned all that stuff from watchin' over and over monster truck info shows. They started out from just a liftedtruck then went onto patrick enterprise tube chassis and supercharged borred out chrysler, chevy and Ford block motors. I know the digger runs a 496ci, but I think Meents has the same. They have nitrogen filled shock absobers and 66inch tires. Anywho, if ya want pics, I gots 'em in the off topic.

Back to the ram. I found another, but the diff casin' was all bashed up and it ran oil all over the ground. Gotta keep on searchin'!

Old 02-22-2006, 09:04 AM
brute98
Professional
Old 02-22-2006, 02:33 PM
alexo1us

Hi guys;
I should have stopped reading until I gots my New Ram
Now I confused maybe someone here can help.
What I’m looking for is for cab style is in the second gen line quad cab with the reversed doors. but after reading they came up with a lot of new stuff for the 3rd gen that may make it better choice for me although I wasn't planning on spending that much since if I going to spend upwards of 35-40 grand to get a used one I might just as well go and order a new one.
My though was to find a good used one since I like to work on my stuff and as long as the body is in good shape I can work with the rest.
I guess my question is after all my ramblings is what 2 gen would be the best one to get or should I just get a new one.
Although I like to work with my hands and this is my hobby there is something to be said for having the dealer look after it. And this in it self brings a whole new set of adventures. We all know how much fun dealing with them can be especially when you already know where the problems are and will not take crap from them.
I have had several new trucks and cars over the years and have found them to be better when you have a good sense of what is going on before you get there.
But buying new or used the only difference is who pays for the repairs. New you pay it upfront used it is a pay as play thing.
In both cases you take a chance of ether winning or losing.
So the question is Should I go used and try to find a good unit to build into what it to be, or buy new and still end up spending money on building to what I want a lot slower since I will have spent a great deal to get it. If I go used what year in your opinions would be the best overall?
Sorry I think I high jacked it again.
Looking forward to your replies
Alex

Old 02-23-2006, 01:03 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: alexo1us

Hi guys;
I should have stopped reading until I gots my New Ram
Now I confused maybe someone here can help.
What I’m looking for is for cab style is in the second gen line quad cab with the reversed doors. but after reading they came up with a lot of new stuff for the 3rd gen that may make it better choice for me although I wasn't planning on spending that much since if I going to spend upwards of 35-40 grand to get a used one I might just as well go and order a new one.
My though was to find a good used one since I like to work on my stuff and as long as the body is in good shape I can work with the rest.
I guess my question is after all my ramblings is what 2 gen would be the best one to get or should I just get a new one.
Although I like to work with my hands and this is my hobby there is something to be said for having the dealer look after it. And this in it self brings a whole new set of adventures. We all know how much fun dealing with them can be especially when you already know where the problems are and will not take crap from them.
I have had several new trucks and cars over the years and have found them to be better when you have a good sense of what is going on before you get there.
But buying new or used the only difference is who pays for the repairs. New you pay it upfront used it is a pay as play thing.
In both cases you take a chance of ether winning or losing.
So the question is Should I go used and try to find a good unit to build into what it to be, or buy new and still end up spending money on building to what I want a lot slower since I will have spent a great deal to get it. If I go used what year in your opinions would be the best overall?
Sorry I think I high jacked it again.
Looking forward to your replies
Alex

well if you want a quad cab 2nd gen you will half to get between 98-01 personally i like the looks of the 2nd gen better than any outhers but thats just me if your just looking for something to tinker/play with i think the 2nd gen is the way to go because it will be cheaper one thing to look out for is the tranny if its an auto there knowen to go early and basically just look for the outher things posted earler in the post. myt 2 cents is to join us and get a 2nd gen

Old 02-23-2006, 02:07 AM
alexo1us

I like the look of the quad cab myself the full door look makes look off in my opinion. I have some time to look around bt if I can find a quad cab thats good and resonable thats the way I'll go me thinks.

Quick Reply: Gettin' a ram